How long till a bite of pizza is ok

soldierzgirl36
on 3/30/11 4:12 am - WA
Just wondering? If I can have wendys chili, and refried beans with taco sauce, i figured pizza cant be any worse unless the crust is the problem..I am 3 1/2 weeks out post op:) Losing but cant seem to get that ticker to work!!!! Down 25 lbs from the 7th of March:) Starting to feel a bit better now..

SOLDIERZGIRL

Cassandra Gordon
on 3/30/11 4:31 am - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 03/29/11 with
Congrats on the 25lbs!  I can't really help about the other stuff since I just had surgery yesterday and still in the hospital.

Cassandra Gordon
www.teambeachbody.com/cassandragordon

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/11 4:40 am - TX
I would think no pizza at all. I had surgery same time as you and that is on my "NO" list and maybe can try it after 4-5 months. My guess would be because of the carbs in the crust, the high fat cheese, and not to mention the toppings that may or may not be on it. Wendy's Chili is ok because its basically low fat and ground, and the refried beans are fat free, and taco sauce is low carb/low sugar/low fat.
soldierzgirl36
on 3/30/11 4:45 am - WA
Thank you

SOLDIERZGIRL

Kim S.
on 3/30/11 4:51 am - Helena, AL
The issue with the pizza is the crust.  You probably don't want to tackle any kind of bread/doughy stuff for several months.  I could tolerate toasted wheat bread without crust after about 3 months, and only 1/2 piece.

Everyone is different--I still don't eat pizza unless it is thin crust and never the edges...too hard for me.   Right now, protein, protein, protein.....there will be time for pizza again...I promise!  At 2 years out, I can pretty much eat anything I want now (in moderation of course--I'm in maintenance).

Best to you--keep up the good work!

Kim

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/11 4:55 am

It really depends on each surgeon's suggestions.

I did the tortilla pizza thing up until recently.  It satiated me just fine.

steve D.
on 3/30/11 5:02 am - West Fargo, ND
Pizza is a trigger food for me.  One bite is too many and a thousand is not enough.  I am not saying you should, but I am just careful about what I eat.  I really struggle with carbs and I have to limit myself. 

Good Luck!!

Steve

redenallen
on 3/30/11 5:07 am
That early out I would stick with thin crust or just eat the toppings. 

J. Winters
on 3/30/11 5:08 am
I am 3 months out and just started to make my own pizza with a whole wheat tortilla shell and fat free cheese (very small amout) with beans and veggies... I can only eat 1/2 of one right now and I have seen on here that people 5 years out sometimes only tolerate 1/2 of one... if you go onto eggface.com she has some great pizza recipes for wls people!!   good luck! 
Cant wait for that wow moment to come!                
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/11 5:12 am
WHAT KIND OF TOPPINGS ARE U ALLOWED TO HAVE, I HAD MY SURGERY ON MARCH 8TH. BUT HEADED 4 REVERSAL ALREADY SUCKS BIG TIME...NOT BY CHOICE EITHER. BUT WAS INTERESTED IN WHAT TOPPINGS R YOU ABLE TO HAVE...GOOD LUCK!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 172 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 172 views