Weight Gain - It happens - Help

linda_989904
on 4/3/11 4:53 am - Montpelier, OH
Long time, no see.

I am nearing in on being 4 yrs post op. I can't believe it. The first year was amazing. Watching the weight come off and how much better I felt was unbelievable. But then some major events happened in my personal life and slowly and unknowingly, I started gaining back. I learned to cheat. I can sit here and give u all the excuses in the world but the only excuse that's legit is its my fault. I let food take over and now I'm back up 60 lbs. I hate meself again but I'm here to start over. Get back to basics and remember just how good I felt 60 lbs ago.

So I ask for help to remember how little I'm suppose to be eating, To remember that duh, I'm not suppose to drink when I eat. To remember my vitamins. To remember fast food is BAD. To remember fried and sugar is BAD. and To remember just how good that size 14 felt compared to the size 34 I started at.

Here's to me and starting over. I can get back to that size 14!!

Linda   
HW 409 SW 386 LW 217 GW 190 CW 275
I WILL get back on track..I WILL make my Goal Weight!!

Lady Lithia
on 4/3/11 4:54 am
You CAN do it.

You know what to do....

Here's an AWESOME resource

http://pamtremble.blogspot.com/2009/07/back-to-basics.html

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

linda_989904
on 4/3/11 5:01 am - Montpelier, OH
Thanks for the link!! How I forgot those simple basics!?!?!
Linda   

poet_kelly
on 4/3/11 4:57 am - OH
How little to eat really depends on how many calories you burn in a day.  I'd try to keep track of your intake and output for a week or so.  Can you make an appt with your dietician to help you figure it out?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

M M
on 4/3/11 5:08 am
Food is NOT bad.

That thinking can be destructive.

First -- get a grip on what you are actually taking in.

Write it down in a non-judgmental place.  For yourself.  Noone else has to know.

Every bite.

Then - take a peek to see where you're slipping in extras.  It's easy.  (I just ate a cookie, without thinking about the extra 150 calories, but.. it's not bad, I'm not bad, it's just a cookie.)

Consider your current weight, and how much you ARE actually eating.  Calories in do equate with your body weight.  If you want to lose, start looking at what you can cut back on.  Easiest things might be LIQUID CALORIES.  Did you start drinking REAL SODA, MILK, JUICE, CREAMS, etc?  Cut them down, or OUT.

Then, simple carbohydrates.  Are you having stacks of crackers through a day?  Cut that out.  Don't buy them.  Crackers, white breads, white pastas, white rices, etc.... pretty unnecessary.  

What about take out food?  Your capacity is smaller still - you probably do not need the sizes and portions that are give to you.  Are you ordering creamy/heavy foods or simple carbs?  Find different foods to order.  Lean meats and veggies first.

Drive through is okay, just not all the time.  Have it once in  a while.  HAVE a hamburger once a week.  HAVE a nice chicken salad, but skip the 400 calorie dressing or the fried chicken part.  

Eating at 4 years post op is vastly different than "getting back to the basics" of a early post op diet.  We can EAT.  

What do you think your biggest hurdle is?

linda_989904
on 4/3/11 5:20 am - Montpelier, OH
I think my biggest hurdle is I KNOW I can eat EVERYTHING. Nothing makes me sick or dump.

2nd. I have an office job and I snack all day.

3rd. I drink when I eat.

It ****** me off cause I KNOW what I'm doing wrong. I just can't seem to get my head to control my stomach again.
Linda   

Lady Lithia
on 4/3/11 5:23 am
okay....so start with ONE thing..... just one thing..... make ONE change.... you might hae a dozen you need to make, but pick one and get good at that....then pick another and get good at that.

It's daunting ..... but you CAN do it

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

linda_989904
on 4/3/11 5:30 am - Montpelier, OH
Thanks. I think the 1st major step I'm gonna take in getting control back is go to the support group meeting. Its over an hour drive away and has been hard for me to get to them but I think its the right thing to do at this point.
Linda   

poet_kelly
on 4/3/11 5:33 am - OH
That's a good idea.  Probably worth the drive, at least for a few meetings.  The inconvenience of that is better than the inconvenience of gaining a lot of weight back, right?

Writing down the rules you want to follow might help.  You can look at them daily for a reminder.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

msromagnola
on 4/3/11 5:38 am
I bet you've taken your first step to success by realizing there's a problem.  Good luck to you.  I'm sending you a friend request.  I want to follow your progress.  I bet I will learn a lot from you.

MSROMAGNOLA
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 450 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 341 views