Your starting weight...

Smileygrl810
on 4/1/11 1:26 pm

Just curious... When someone asks you how much weight you've lost, at what weight did you start the loss? What weight do you use on your ticker? I guess what I'm asking is this... My highest weight ever was 318lbs. When I started the weight loss journey almost 10 months ago I weight 294lbs.  The day my pre op diet started I weight 279lbs. The day of surgery I weighed 265lbs. 

On my ticker I have my start weight at 279lbs....but am curious at what point do I actually start the weight loss? Day of surgery? Day of pre op? Highest weight ever?  What number did you use to determine how much weight you've lost????

Hope I'm not making this confusing. The more I type the more I confuse myself. It's been a long day!

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
Surgery Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 183 lbs
Goal Weight: 145 lbs 
Perfumesheep
on 4/1/11 1:40 pm - CT
RNY on 11/01/10 with
I use the weight I was when I stepped on the scale at the hospital right before they wheeled me into surgery. My surgeon and the office doesn't use this weight for some reason, even though the last weight on record was 2 weeks before surgery
janet2921
on 4/1/11 1:41 pm, edited 4/1/11 1:41 pm - Chicago, IL
Good question!  My highest weight was 264.  On my surgery day, I weighed 254 pounds.  So, I toggle with both weights.  I often use the 254 as that is clearly documented on my hospital  surgical records.

On my tickler I have the 264 preop pounds with that being my highest weight.

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

Katari
on 4/1/11 1:43 pm - OR
I used the weight I had walked in the Dr. office and told her I was interested in WLS. It just happened to be my highest (recorded) as well.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

lorilea
on 4/1/11 1:45 pm - MN
I use the weight I was at my first apt. to discuss WLS with the surgeon's office.  EVERY pound counts for me!  Alot of people share their highest weight, surgery weight, current weight and goal weight in their signatures.

Jodi H.
on 4/1/11 1:59 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
I too use the weight from my initial consultation.  That's what they recorded as my starting weight.

Jodi ** HW: 240 / CW: 221 / GW: 135
Smileygrl810
on 4/1/11 2:04 pm
My highest weight (318) was a long time ago. I had lost a lot of weight and gained it all back. When I went to my first appointment to get started with WLS I was 294. I had to lost weight per my insurance company before the approval process. In my opinion... since this is a journey...I'm thinking that I should use the 294 as my start weight. I'm also thinking that maybe that will lift my spirits up too seeing how much I've lost since the journey started. I know everyone is different but I feel like 279 isn't a true number since I had to lose weight in order to have surgery... It's all about the whole journey right???

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
Surgery Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 183 lbs
Goal Weight: 145 lbs 
Christina D.
on 4/1/11 4:59 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
I have a ticker for both  highest and surgery day weight

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/11 8:22 pm - Groton, CT
RNY on 05/03/10 with

I use the weight I was the first day I stepped foot in the surgeon's office. That's the day I started my journey. Surgery was simply a part of that journey.

I lost it all, so I count it all!

M U.
on 4/1/11 10:19 pm
As you can see in my signature I use all of'em! My highest weight on record was in 2003 and I didn't have surgery 'til Dec 2009, but I consider my weight loss an aggregate total. I also note my pre-surgery weight for those who check these things out, but it's mostly for my own tracking/accomplishment. At the end of the day, it's about however you'd like to look it.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 8 views
Recent Topics