UPDATE: Recurring Yeast Infection

Stacey2268
on 4/6/11 3:00 am
Hi Group,

I went for my appointment and the Dr. told me that yes these recurring yeast infections can be a direct result of my diet. SMH  Yeast can be ellavated by unbalance sugar levels and maybe that is what caused mine or if your immune system is weak.  They checked me for bacteria but no it is only yeast and they gave me 10 diflucan.  I took three and it cleared up and she tol dme to hol don to them just in case i start to feel uncomfortable again.

I did wash my clothes with the vinegar and start to add yogurt to my protein shakes so let;s see if it comes back. LOL

Thank you all for all the support and suggestion on how to treat/prevent this horrible normal occurance. LOL :)
Stacey        
tcunningham
on 4/6/11 3:26 am - Bay Minette, AL
Thanks for that information.  I already eat the yogurt and I guess I'm going to make me an appt. to the gyno to get checked out.  I am going to try washing my clothes with some vinegar too.  Thanks again, and glad you are feeling better.

Timeka
Stacey2268
on 4/6/11 4:55 am
Thanks Timeka! :)  Yes i feel MUCH BETTER! LOL
Stacey        
ms_esquivel
on 4/6/11 4:22 am
I didnt get to see your original post. I had this same issue but I had a Mirena IUD as the culprit.
My OBGYN said she notices this trend with WLS patients. And yes diet can also trigger them. I don't know how far you are out. But if you are getting sugar even if you can tolerate it, it can cause a yeast infection.

Hope you get straigtened out!!
Stacey2268
on 4/6/11 4:57 am

I am 6 months post op and i feel great.  I already met my first goal and am 16lbs pound away from my second goal.  Sweets dont do anything to me accept give me excess yeast which is no fun. LOL  I NEVER knew that sugar causes yeast infections until now and i am sooo shocked by that. SMH

I am glad to say everything is healed now and i feel much better but there has to be some way to prevent this nightmare. LOL

Stacey

Stacey        
Mschif78
on 4/6/11 9:21 am - Southeastern, MA
the mirena IUD as the culprit of what?  Curious bc I have the IUD

Kerry

Lapband 10-23-06
Revision to RNY 2-18-11

HW:278
SW:243
GW:135

ms_esquivel
on 4/6/11 12:06 pm
I got constant yeast infections from it, pain during and after sex. All from my Mirena.
Most Active
Recent Topics