So they want to scope me Sigh...

curvaceousdiva
on 4/6/11 10:46 pm - Hyattsville, MD
At daughter's month post-op yesterday, they mentioned how they want to scope me to possibly see why I can't eat more than I do.  Not really sure I want to eat more NOW that I've finally somewhat accepted this 135ish size 2 to 3 frame.  They mentioned that I could possibly lose up to 18 months out although drastically slower and they dont want me to lose much more.  
My question is what are the options?  Like will they try and widen something???  
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
birthdaygirl
on 4/7/11 12:03 am - Lithonia, GA
On the good side 135ish, size 2-3 frame....wow! congrats on that!

are you still in pain when you eat and have to take meds?....I remember you had issues with that.....if not I am so happy that is resolved....

Our bodies have a set point and since you lost all your weight withing 6 months of surgery even though technically we have up to 2 years you may not lose anymore unless you want to or try.  you may settle out or gain a bit

If everything is normal and in its place they most likely will do nothing.....when my weight loss has slowed and stalled out for over 9 months one of my options was to get scoped and have schelerotherapy done which is injecting a solution down into my stoma to cause scarring and make it smaller

hope everything goes well!.....like I said on the good side...size 2-3.....woo-hoo! wish that was me again

what is the smallest you have ever been in your life....my lowest weight was 127 for a brief few months in 10th grade...may never see that again and that is when I wore a size 3-5.....now I am finally at 148 since having panniculectomy and it too me a sluggish 2.5 years to get here but of course I don't formally have an exercise plan and I do not diet daily....so give and take ya know?....but I am healthy and that above all was the main goal!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
curvaceousdiva
on 4/7/11 12:11 am - Hyattsville, MD
no longer in pain but to hear folks tell it I dont eat enough to their liking.  My smallest was around this size in HS till I got preggo in my teens.. so this may be my bottomed out weight...  I'll just pray for some bounceback later on down the line..
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
birthdaygirl
on 4/7/11 12:28 am - Lithonia, GA
On April 7, 2011 at 7:11 AM Pacific Time, curvaceousdiva wrote:
no longer in pain but to hear folks tell it I dont eat enough to their liking.  My smallest was around this size in HS till I got preggo in my teens.. so this may be my bottomed out weight...  I'll just pray for some bounceback later on down the line..
yea BC options, being preggers, and loving to eat sabotaged my modeling career.....lol

so glad you are not in pain anymore and you can eat comfortably..I believe you will be fine!  but you can still let them scope you for peace of mind!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
curvaceousdiva
on 4/7/11 12:44 am - Hyattsville, MD
thx chica.... doubt I let them though...
TamaraL
on 4/7/11 12:54 am
I don't think they can stretch your pouch without your permission.  The thing is you want to know if there is something not right with your pouch so that later you won't have more problems.

I would atleast talk to dr more about the procedure before I refused to do it.  Do you still have COBRA health insurance??

Tamara

curvaceousdiva
on 4/7/11 12:55 am - Hyattsville, MD
Naw Ive been back to work since late Feb.  Insurance kicked in the first. 
curvaceousdiva
on 4/7/11 12:56 am - Hyattsville, MD
Ive scheduled an appt for May 4th at my year post op to address it.
Mary C.
on 4/7/11 6:00 am - Glovertown, Canada
Just wondering - are you HEALTHY - do you feel good, are your labs good. lots of energy etc etc. It's not all about the numbers - your actual health is certainly something to be considered. If I felt well and healthy and labs were good and I was given no other reason to have a scope other than a physician telling me I could POSSIBLY lose more weight down the road - this is one girl who wouldn't be having a scope. Remember ALL medical procedures have their own potential risks and complications. That's why we have to sign a consent to have them done. Just my two cents worth. Good luck!

curvaceousdiva
on 4/7/11 6:17 am - Hyattsville, MD
I feel great... not sure about labs since I dont know how to read them... but I do take extra D.  But they also feel that I should be eating more... a few from here have said the same.  BUT if I eat more it hurts in the middle of my chest.  So like after 1 wingette Im full.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 380 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 570 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 292 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 380 views