Need Advice

ttny007
on 4/10/11 3:40 am - NC
Adjustable Gastric Band on 06/10/11
My husband is against me having RNY or lapband how can I explain this to him?  He just keeps saying I love you the way you are, I keep telling him it's not about that, its about my health and my quality of life.  I don't know how to combat his fear of all of this.  We are going to the surgeon together and I am hoping something the Dr says will help.  I don't know what else to do.

mgd675
on 4/10/11 3:47 am - Aromas, CA
The hospital should have a support group or nurse/counselor on staff. Some of his response is fear of the unknown, some of it is other things, seek counseling now, because it will get rougher if you dont, first hand knowledge
kevinj
on 4/10/11 3:56 am - NY
Take him to a support group so he can speak with people that have gone through it and answer any questions he may have. His fear is normal, it is a very large adjustment for all in your life and it is important to have that support from him. Get him all of the information you can. The surgeon should also be able to help show him how it will improve your quality of life and hopefully extend your life a few more years. Good Luck.

brwneyz
on 4/10/11 4:07 am
My husband and I were actually both against WLS when my mom did it 10 years ago (my husband is a twig).  Then this past December he went to my yearly OB apt with me and was just as scared as I was about my BP, cholesterol, metabloic syndrome, etc.  That day my doc talked to me about WLS as an option (she wasn't pushy), and he was more scared about losing me than anything.  He did more research on it than I did.  He took notes at all of the seminars, asked most of the questions, etc.  

He is so happy with my HEALTH progress, he claims he could care less about the actual weight (says he loved me either way but was scared for my health).

So, I would just lay it all out on the table...a pros and cons list.   
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 210 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 210 views