I'm a lazy cook. Protein question.

eris8
on 4/9/11 12:42 am - Holland, MI
I can give a million excuses why, in the end...I just dont like to cook anymore.  Half the time, meat just doesn't feel right when it goes down anyway. (Add in, kids are picky and hubs works alot so most goes to waste)  I also know the rule of protein first.

My question, is it ok to get the bulk of my protein from shakes?  I really like the Premier shakes with 30 grams.  So maybe 2-3 shakes a day then a "normal meal" for dinner?  Forgot to add, I work 8-5.
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/11 12:59 am
I am six years out and still get the major part of my protein from shakes.

Ruby
rny  3/2005
262/125/133
hi/lo/today
Lori P.
on 4/9/11 1:23 am, edited 4/9/11 1:23 am - Kenosha, WI
Lots of people d that...don't see why it would be a problem.

I buy a couple of rotissere chickens every week and that is all I seem to eat...for the same reason you described!  Cooking has ecome apain in the butt...since I take 3 bites and am done....nothing reallyappeas to me....and I am just sort of apathetic about food...it rally does not matter much what I eat. 

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

eris8
on 4/9/11 1:36 am - Holland, MI
Lori, Ruby..thanks for your replies.

I believe I've become bleh about food as well.  Before surgery, going out to a restaurant was such a treat....now its become a bother.  I order, I eat and I'm ready to head out the door...its very hard to sit and wait for the rest of the family to finish their larger sized meals.
Most Active
Recent Topics