Eat More = Lose More!??

BritsAQT89
on 4/12/11 10:43 am
For some reason, it seems like when I eat more, I lose more! 

At first when I started eating more "real" foods like tuna it seemed like my weight would not move. Lately, I have been drinking water constantly all day, but also eating more (meaning more than protien shakes and tuna). It seems since I started that, I am also loosing more!!

Is it true that if you eat more that you lose more or could it be a coincidence that the las ttwo days that I have "eaten more" are also the days that my stall in weight loss decided to get movin again!!???

cindy31
on 4/12/11 10:49 am - Gwynn Oak, MD
I know it is crazy it is the same for me , when I eat more I lose more also not sure why. Maybe some of the veterans here may know.
            Highest weight- 325  Day of surgery- 301  Post surgery -306            
missnanajean
on 4/12/11 10:50 am - Friendswood, TX
Your right! If you eat 4-6  small meals of protein and carbs to fuel your metabolism it works like a furnace and burns the excess fat and toxins. Make sure you don't drink right after eating  so the food has a chance to digest or you will get shakey,dizzy and sick feeling. Stay on course and you'll be fine.
  Miss  Jean   
seattledeb
on 4/12/11 11:00 am
If you don't eat enough your body holds onto every calorie you put in it. This surgery is malabsorptive. You aren't absorbing all the protein and to a lesser extent the fat you are putting in your body.
Trust the process..eat ..you will lose weight.
Deb T.

KittenLove
on 4/12/11 11:22 am - Around Knoxville, TN
Not coincidence -- besides the whole "your body is in starvation mode" stuff we often hear, I think it's just the fact that it's something different as your body adapts to what it's used to getting.

You also point out that you've been drinking more water, too. That does it for me!

Be happy. 

Lady Lithia
on 4/12/11 11:38 am

Both of my longest stalls (eight and nine months respectively) were broken by me UPPING my calories..... goign back to work after a month off both times, I always eat more because I'm needing the fuel, but then I worry that I'm going to gain only to find that the weight is just dropping off.

Half of me hopes this is true right now, just going back to work after a month off.... half of me knows I don't need to lose another ounce! 

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

SweetGirl11
on 4/12/11 12:12 pm
It was definitely true for me when I was in the losing phase.  Between 6 to 12 months, I gradually increased my calories.  By the time I reached goal, I was eating around 1500 calories a day.  I then went up to 1800 calories and even lost 5 more pounds.  I'm glad I got my body used to eating a decent amount of calories early out because I don't want to spend the rest of my life eating 1200 calories. 

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

Krista F.
on 4/12/11 12:58 pm - BRYAN, OH
RNY on 12/08/10 with
i have been in a stall for almost a month. i know i do not eat alot. i do not feel hungery/ most days. maybe i will have to make my self eat more. than some days i feel i eat to much. nothing sounds good. i really have hard time with meat,any kind. i do better with things that have mosture. im alittle over 4 mths. have lost 75lbs. is that good ??. i still have trouble with drinking. i forget/ mostly when i go somewhere. like im out all day.. really would like to know how ppl. do it when they work, like in factory. do u tell your boss, u have to have water bottle with u all times?? i work home health, so its not that hard..
 HW 300  BSW 275  SW  263  1st GW 199  GW 150        
seattledeb
on 4/12/11 3:19 pm
This week really push the fluid and the protein. Drink an extra protein shake. Whenever I would do that I would drop some pounds.

AliSarah
on 4/12/11 12:56 pm
I always lose weight when I up my calories... It's hard to get more in and stay on the plan but yeah I eat more and lose more! Works every time!!

And, actually, I have found that if I am not as careful about eating enough and I just start eating less, I will stall or gain water weight and otherwise have a scale based crisis. So, I have to buckle back down on the many meals a day and lots of water every day!

Huggles!!
~Sarah~
 HW 316/ SW 264/ CW 187/ GW 158  
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 223 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 350 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 233 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 131 views