Lower back pain.

Anabella
on 4/16/11 12:17 pm - Fresno, CA
I have severe lower back pain. It hurts when I walk and bend down. I went shopping today and I had to come back home because my back was hurting so much. Has anyone experienced this after wls? Could it be my body is changing and causing changes in my posture?
poet_kelly
on 4/16/11 12:29 pm - OH
I think the change in posture can do it.  I had some significant back pain after losing 50 lbs or so and my chiropractor and later my orthopedic doc agreed it could be the change in posture.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

turningpoint
on 4/16/11 12:55 pm

Could very well be.  I know my posture and positioning of how I sit and sleep has changed alot and I find I often need a cushion of sort for either my butt or my lower back. 

Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
Carla M.
on 4/16/11 11:47 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I had that too. My chiropractor said that it was a mixture of posture change and the shifting of weight. I guess that, as you lose weight, your body has to readjust the way it uses the muscles. I carried most of my weight in my stomach and it's going away fast. My back hurt because it didn't have to use so those muscles as much to keep me upright, so it pulled my back out of place ALL the time. I took pain meds just to get me comfortable until it subsided.

Hope your back feels better soon!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 66 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??