Help! Happy with Hubby but need for male attraction.

tluveor
on 4/15/11 9:32 am
I feel like I'm going crazy.  I've lost just a couple of pounds over 100.  I sit in the 170s over a month, surgery June 29th 2010. I have frustration that losing is at a standstill, but really really want male attention.  I am happily married, would never go through with anything, but just to be noticed - not for what I've lost but for who I am.  I've shared a bit of this with my husband, down to my frustration that my ski instructor didn't make a move.  Funny - gave him no reason to, talked about my husband all the time, made sure I was not alone with him in warming huts and did not ask for him to go for a drink (apres ski) after my lesson because my husband wasn't there.

Somehow in my mind, he didn't come on to me because I was fat and ugly.  Gosh, my mind is playing tricks on me.

I'm doing the "right" things but long for the eye raising I got when I was thinner and younger (now slightly over 40).  Anyone Relate......  I'm a mess and don't know why!!!!
Every journey begins with a step.    
Highest weight 276 - Starting weight 275 - surgery weight 256        
turningpoint
on 4/15/11 9:56 am
so you want a ski instructor to risk his job to sexually harrass you?  In this day and age, only the foolish risk their job to flirt...so many sue happy people not to mention short tempered employers. 
Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
tluveor
on 4/15/11 10:00 am
I know it's completely crazy, I just wondered if any other "happily" married or in a committed relationship go through these confusing feelings at some time.  I have a counselor and can talk to her next week, but my mind is still going through this until then.
tluveor
on 4/15/11 9:56 am
If this isn't the right place to post this, please let me know where is???

Thanks,
shantele7824
on 4/15/11 9:59 am - SAN PABLO, CA
For me when someone gives me a compliment I want it to be something I didnt know was coming, your looking for it and it will take longer just because of that reason, ppl especially men can smell your hunger for them to give you that compliment and most won't just because they know that is what you want.  Honestly I think that you should learn to look at yourself in the mirrow and tell yourself how good you look, how nice your hair is, how your outfit is cute and not wait around for others to validate you.  that way when they do it you will give them that look of "thanks I know" instead of "oh thanks so much your the first to say that" lol

Also don't you think your husband may feel bad that him telling you how nice you look isn't good enough, he may stop then what???  Then nobody will be giving you any compliments.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

tluveor
on 4/15/11 10:16 am
I totally agree and what I would be telling someone else.  Just can't seem to get it through my head.

The comment about my husband REALLY hits home though!!!!

Thanks for the awaking!!!
Lady Lithia
on 4/15/11 10:01 am

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

tluveor
on 4/15/11 10:15 am
thanks
SoulLips
on 4/15/11 4:02 pm - Cloverdale, CA
Regardless of weight loss surgery, a lot of us want validation that we're attractive to others.  I had a boyfriend who used to think it was weird that I encouraged him to flirt with other women.  At the time we were living in different countries (he was in England and I was in the US).  I was very secure in our relationship.  I was encouraging him to flirt so he could get some positive feedback from women... I thought it might increase his confidence.  For many years I perceived that men just wanted to be my "friend".  In my early 20's I finally learned to flirt.  Once I learned the art of flirting, I really enjoyed having a good flirt with someone!  Frankly, it rarely resulted in more than a few minutes of light hearted fun and both of us walking away with a smile.
Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

Most Active
Recent Topics