Starting regular food this week.

arruncomic
on 4/16/11 1:57 pm
On Wednesday.

Any suggestions? I definitely want high protein low fat/ low sugar.

Thanks!
cupcake81
on 4/16/11 3:00 pm - CA
Morningstar breakfast patties have 10 grams of protein 80 calories and less than 3 sugars a piece! Plus they are delicious ! They are meatless but soooooooooo good you won't be disappointed ! I just started regular food Wednesday . So good luck
charlotte180
on 4/16/11 7:03 pm - Phoenix, AZ
 I won't be starting normal food for a while yet, but I will say this: I plan to have eggs every day! Probably 1 whole egg with 2-3 egg whites, or else all egg whites. I'm so OVER the stupid gross protein drinks!  Egg whites are 100% protein. I like to dump a few spoonfuls of salsa on them.

Cottage cheese is also a great source of protein. I also plan to eat ricotta cheese. Both can be jazzed up with various things.

I once made a veggie lasagna when I was on South Beach - it was absolutely delectable. No pasta, just veggies, ricotta, sauce, and mozzarella. I wish I could find the recipe! But there's another post somewhere on this forum that suggests googling "cauliflower lasagna". I'm going to try that too.

JENNI-8yrsPostOP
on 4/16/11 10:10 pm
Your surgeon or nut should have given you a list of foods to start with. Remember you're probably still healing so take it easy. Don't know what you were on previously - liquids, pureed, soft foods or ?? but try one new food at a time, then if there's a problem you'll know what it was. Most proceed to soft foods like cheese, eggs, soft meats-tenderized, cut small and chew well.
find out what your doc recomends of foods to start with. Take it easy on your new pouch and you'll be fine.
Jen 9+ yrs post op
psx chelly
on 4/16/11 11:13 pm
I started with 1 measured serving of Egg Beaters with a little fat free milk in them to make them even softer.

After a couple days I added shredded colby/jack cheese to the milk/Egg Beaters combo.  Put the cheese in while the Egg Beaters are still liquid, so the cheese will melt.  good stuff.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 14 views
Recent Topics