I gotta go but can't

linda_989904
on 4/16/11 12:29 am - Montpelier, OH
I'm over 3 1/2 yrs post op. I slipped majorly off the wagon and am working my way back to getting on track. So 2 weeks I started over. Watching what I"m eating. Remembering my vitamins and exercising. (love my wii fit)

So here's my problem....I'm sooo constipated. Its never been this bad. I'm getting in all my fluids I swear. I just don't get what's happening. I havn't gone since Wed morning and I think the time before that was Sunday. OMG. I started taking a stool softener and hope it gets things moving. Waiting and praying to go poo is not how I wanted to spend my weekend.
Linda   
HW 409 SW 386 LW 217 GW 190 CW 275
I WILL get back on track..I WILL make my Goal Weight!!

Kermit P.
on 4/16/11 12:59 am

I got seriously messed up with constipation twice after surgery last month.......miralax saved me....I had to take a lot of it and it took two days but thankfully I finally went.  I know how you are feeling and it is miserable!  I am now on a stool softener and miralax regimen!

Good luck!

HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
silly_sandy
on 4/16/11 1:06 am - IL
I can feel your pain.  Gosh, this can make you feel so miserable!  I used PlumSmart LIght (this is a combination of prune and grape juice--find by the juices in the store), Dulcolax and added more raw veggies and fruit to my diet.  This helped within a day.  I thought I was going to need a stick of dynamite.  Luckily, my NUT's suggestions worked.  Hope this helps.

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
happyhealing
on 4/16/11 1:22 am
Welcome to my world, hope it gets better for ya!
avidreader
on 4/16/11 2:16 am - Cary, NC
Use a combo stool softener and laxative til you go, then start taking probiotics - they really keep me regular.  Just had surgery so I am starting all over with stool softeners, etc. but the probiotics really do help.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
Teresa L.
on 4/16/11 2:19 am - Hamilton, Canada
I hear ya on this one, I am just about 11 weeks post-op and if I don't take senicot and a softener every night before bed I don't go the next day.  This is just my new normal, not sure how long it will be like this.  But better to take something and go then suffer the pain of not goinging.  Good luck!!

grmadeb01
on 4/16/11 2:44 am - FL
you can start to add benefiber to your protein drinks, i added some to my scrabled eggs yesterday that is what i ate on all day..i am still on puree so makes it easier to cook once for the day..i too am taking a colace, i may add it at night too...
its horrible to not be able to go.
have a gret day
debby
deboinspace
on 4/16/11 3:09 am - CA
Hi,

I am always having problems with constipation.  If you can't get things moving with the other suggestions you could always try magnesium citrate, it 'll break things free.  Just be close to the pot for at least the day.

Love your animation.  I've felt that way plenty.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 359 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 456 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 444 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views