Greek Yogurt ideas??

Angela *.
on 4/18/11 8:27 am - UT
OK, so I start my pre-op diet NEXT MONDAY!  I thought I'd be having that "last supper" metality but it really hasn't happened and I'm happy about that.

This week.......I thought I'd try a few soft things that I've heard mentioned here on the board so I brought home 3 brands of Greek Yogurt.  I tasted them plain and HATED them.......so I added some Crystal Light to one of them, some SF pistachio pudding powder to another one.  The Crystal Light was ok but I wouldn't want it again.....and once I added some pudding powder to the other one, it became much thicker and grainy looking/feeling.  Eww.  Tossed them both.  I gotta figure out another way to like Greek Yogurt!  
How do you like YOURS??? (and sorry if this has already been talked about, I haven't come across it).

*******Angela******  5'10"tall  36yrs old   SW 268 CW 180 GW 168

chantaljoy
on 4/18/11 8:48 am
I like the nonfat vanilla greek yogurt with cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and splenda.  Very yummy, and takes away some of the tanginess of the yogurt.

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 8:56 am - Missoula, MT
 You may want to try other flavors of crystal light and make sure not to add too much powder or you'll be in for some serious pucker factor!! lol  I use raspberry lemonade flavor and absolutely love it!!
Laura in Texas
on 4/18/11 8:56 am
My current 2 favs are mixing it with a little sweetener and frozen blueberries or mixing it with Swiss Miss Diet hot chocolate mix.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

LBinSC0712
on 4/18/11 9:08 am
i am so gonna try the swiss miss!  I am not a yogurt fan but I try to get the greek yogurt in b/c of the protein.  What a great idea!

LabLimo
on 4/18/11 9:19 am - San Diego, CA
I use greek yogurt in smoothies;
greek yogurt
fruit (frozen chunks)
non-fat milk
splenda or truvia to taste
Blend till smooth and creamy!

Anne

My pouches name is Satan!!!
Height 5'10" Goal weight 165
      Current weight 145

grmadeb01
on 4/18/11 9:31 am - FL
i use the oikois brand of organice greek yogurt...they have 4 flavors, strawberry, blueberry, honey, carmel..i just get the strawberry one..it has 10 grams of protien and only 90 calories, it does have 12 carbs..but that must be the strawberries... for a 4 oz size..that is all i can eat at this point..there are no checimals in it either..i really have to watch out for asparteme and sorbitol..and so far that is all i have seen in anything that is sugar free...so i am very limited..
give them a try
have a good day
debby
jennytmitch
on 4/18/11 10:00 am - NC
I had some today. I added splenda and cinnamon.  It was really good.  I can't eat it straight.  It tastes too much like sour cream.
susanmomof4
on 4/18/11 10:14 am
I put SF pudding in my greek yogurt. I add a little milk to thin it out to get rid of the thick grainy texture. My favorite is cheesecake flavor. Add some SF cherry topping and have a great dessert. Made it for the holidays and none knew the difference.

Lady Lithia
on 4/18/11 10:22 am
I add splenda and frozen/thawed berries.....

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 3 views