Calling Andrea, Kelly, Pam,Michele and all other Vitamin gurus

myspanisheyes
on 4/17/11 7:50 am - TX
Please tell me how im doing with my vitamins.This is my 3 months blood wk results...Vitamin D 128; Protein total 7.6;  ALBUMIN 4.4; ALK PHOS 85; AST 25; TBILI 0.3; DBILI 0.1; ALT-30; HEMOLYSIS INDEX ICTERIC INDEX 0; LIPEMIA INDEX-7; IRON-48; MG-2.0; VITAMIN B-12-1885; FOLATE<20.0; C REACTIVE PROT-0.3; HGB A1C-5.EA GLU 108.1; WBC-7.06; RBC CNT-4.41; HGB 1205; HCT 37.7; MCV-85.5; MCH-28.3; MCHC-33.2; RDW-12.8;NRBC-0.0; PLATELETS 207; GLUCOSE-90; BUN-20; CREAT-06; GFR-NONBLACK-99.6; GFR-BLACK-117.5; NA+--141; K-3.7; CL-103; CO2-29; PHOSPHORUS-4.6 CA-9.8; ALBUMIN-4.2 HEMOLYSIS INDEX= ICTERIC INDEX-0; LIPEMIA INDEX-15; FERRITIN-154; INSULIN-11.3; INSULIN FREE-7.6; PTH INTACT 21.4. I'm currently taking 50,000IU's of dry vitD. 2 iron from vitalady w/800mil vit C. 3 celebrate multi vit. 6 tablets of citracel calcium citrate per day. How am I doing? I feel great and haven't dumped yet! I do feel weak whenever I don't have enough protein. Once I add a shake I feel great!
Thank you so much!
Rosemary

poet_kelly
on 4/17/11 8:20 am - OH
Beautiful. 

I'd go to every other day for the 50,000 IU D3.  Your D is great and PTH is wonderful.

I see your ferritin is lovely but your iron is low.  How much iron is in the iron you're taking two of?

Protein is good.

There are some things I don't see here - B1, vitamin A, zinc, copper.  I think they can wait 'til your six month labs, but make sure you get them then.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

myspanisheyes
on 4/17/11 9:49 am - TX
Thank you ladies for answering me so soon! I'm taking Tender-Iron by vitalady iron (as carbonyl iron) 25mg for serving size: 1 tablet. Do I need to take 4 tender-iron tablets instead of 2and take 4 400 vitamin C  with them? Should I buy the Hem. iron? As for the vitamin D3 50,00IUs, I'll back off to every other day. The celebrate Multivitamin capsul has vitamin B1 and vitamin A. Should I add more of these, too? 

Thanks again,

Rosemary 

myspanisheyes
on 4/17/11 9:54 am - TX
Kelly I forgot to ask, how high should my iron be...i did notice it was 48!
Rosemary

poet_kelly
on 4/17/11 10:05 am - OH
I like mine around 100 but I'd be happy enough around 75 or 80.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 4/17/11 9:54 am - OH
I'd take four of those tender iron.  I would not buy heme myself because it's more expensive and your ferritin is great.  So I'd stick with what's more affordable. 

Don't add B1 or A until you get labs done again and get those levels checked. 

myspanisheyes
on 4/17/11 10:01 am - TX
Can I take the 4 iron tablets at one time...and do I increase the vit. C, also?
Thanks Kelly  Your the best!:)

poet_kelly
on 4/17/11 10:04 am - OH
That would be 100 mg iron?  Yeah, you can take that at once.

The ratio of iron to C is 30 mg iron to 200 mg  C so I'd do 800 mg C all together with 100 mg iron.

Make sure you drink a TON of water if you take that much iron too.  Carbonyl does not usually cause constipation but you wanna make sure you can still poop.

myspanisheyes
on 4/17/11 10:07 am - TX
Thanks Kelly, I'll do just that!

Have a great week!

Rosemary

vitalady
on 4/17/11 9:10 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Iron is kinda low I think. I couldn't find ferritin, but my eyes - they are so OLD!

The vit D, which D is it? D, 25 or D 1,25?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 14 views
Recent Topics