Those 2 years out or more...Do you still daily drink your protein shakes??

cabin111
on 4/21/11 3:02 pm
As I'm typing this I know that there are those insecure people who are less than 2 years that feel they need to respond...Please don't.  I just hate when I ask for a specific time frame and unwise, not nice, fill in the blank, people feel they need to be included.
Anyways...Just wondering those of you who are a few years out, do you still continue to drink your shakes daily, periodically, or not at all.  Thanks
H.A.L.A B.
on 4/21/11 3:16 pm
Hey. I am almost 3 years out.
I still drink my protein shakes. Daily.  Or I add protein powder to my food - i.e. yogurt, or bake protein cakes - cookies with it.
I try to get at least 2 servings. (40-50 gr) of protein supplements per day. I do have RH so I try to follow low carb diet.  Most of the time that works well for me.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

seattledeb
on 4/21/11 3:34 pm
No I don't drink a daily protein shake. I can eat enough to make my protein goal.

Pamela S.
on 4/21/11 9:17 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
No. I stopped at a year + (and a few months). I was getting enough protein with my food. My NUT said she would have like to see me do it longer, but what does she know..LOL
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/21/11 9:27 pm, edited 4/21/11 9:29 pm - OH
I will be 4 years out in August. Most days (during the week but not on the weekend), I still have one protein supplement (almost always vanilla protein powder mixed with SF hot chocolate in the morning). The only other times I have one is if I am not feeling well or am otherwise running low (maybe once a month...?) I have been doing this for, oh, probably the past 2.5 years.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Amy R.
on 4/21/11 9:36 pm
Yep. Well, I should anyway, but I'm prob kinda of an exception since I am still having some serious absorption problems.
MoLawEd
on 4/21/11 10:03 pm - Cambridge, MA
2 years and a week out, and yes I still drink at least one protein shake almost daily (on the days that I don't, I usually eat something that has whey protein mixed in or baked in, so same thing.) I used to drink more of them though.  My protein target is more in the 80-100 gram range and I don't want to eat meat or Greek yogurt all day, so to reach my target I still need supplementation.

Having RNY was probably the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Approx highest weight: ~350. Highest measured weight: 338. Surgery weight: 297. Lowest weight (for 5 minutes): 169. Current weight: 209. Goal weight: ??? - maybe 180-185, which was my maintenance weight before the regain.

Kelly S.
on 4/21/11 11:52 pm
Phew!  Glad you made the cut... LOL

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

MoLawEd
on 4/21/11 11:53 pm - Cambridge, MA
LMAO. Too funny!

Having RNY was probably the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Approx highest weight: ~350. Highest measured weight: 338. Surgery weight: 297. Lowest weight (for 5 minutes): 169. Current weight: 209. Goal weight: ??? - maybe 180-185, which was my maintenance weight before the regain.

hockeymom8016
on 4/21/11 10:06 pm - NJ
I am a little over 3 years out. I drank them daily until about a year ago when I discovered the terrible rashes I was experiencing were due to the shakes I was drinking.  I found a new brand that I am trying out but drink them mostly on the weekend when my eating schedule is different and I know I am not eating enough protein.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 313 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views