IsoNasty

nursenaomi85
on 4/22/11 12:08 pm - houston, TX
I am having th worst time finding protien for after surgery everything I have tried has been disgusting!! What are you guys drinking for protien??

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
HW:322   CW:180   1st goal: 150    2nd goal:125-130(im a shorty)  

ceruleanme
on 4/22/11 12:10 pm - CA
 I've been drink the Atkins protein drinks. They aren't so bad.  One thing I do, because they don't have a huge variety of flavors, is to put a cold vanilla drink in the blender with some strawberries, or peaches- just a few. It makes them even better. :)

mommustlive
on 4/22/11 12:47 pm - VA
I use Unjury and find it okay.  They offer individual small pack for around $1.50 so that you can try them.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/22/11 1:03 pm - OH
I assume from the title of your post that you have tried the Isopure protein waters.  (If so, I agree that they are truly nasty!)  You might try the Cytomax protein waters (Vitamin Shoppe carries them)... I hated the Isopure but really liked those.  Have you tried any of the Syntrax nectar protein powders (they have a bunch of flavors, some of which I really liked and some of which I hated)?  Have you tried an unflavored one added to foods like SF pudding or soup or added to things like SF hot chocolate?

Unfortunately, everyone's taste seems to be very different when it comes to protein powders.  The only way to find one you like is to keep trying them.  Vitalady has a LOT of different sample you can buy.

Personally, I use Unjury unflavored or vanilla in SF hot chocolate almost every morning during the week except during the summer.  Then I use the unflavored powder in things like tomato soup or  yogurt, mix the Unjury or Chike chocolate in milk, or mix the nectar Roadside Lemonade or Twisted Cherry with water.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

nursenaomi85
on 4/22/11 5:56 pm - houston, TX
Yes it was Isopure water..super gross..I didnt know they had unflavored ones..I think that might work out bettet than a flavored one i went to the vitamin shoppe and the lady looked at me crazy when i asked for wls friendly protein..i think i will stick to ordering online. I requested a few samples from a few sites hopefully I like them..I do however love the Atkins drink the coffee one..im drinking it and slimfast for my pre-op liquid..is that safe for after surgery??if it is then I will continue with that and maybe add some unflavored packets

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/22/11 9:27 pm - OH
The problem with the Atkins shakes is that they really don't have enough protein for us post-op, but some protein is better than NONE.  If you like the Atkins shakes, there are certain otehrs out there with 20+g of protein that you will like.  You just have to find them.

Just wanted to warn you that "unflavored" does not mean "tasteless", because they do still have a certin protein taste... it just menas they did not add any artifical flavoring to it.  So you could NOT drink the unflavored powder just mixed with some Crystal Light... but if you put it in food, the flavor of the the food masks the flavor of the protein.

You might also want to look at Pam or Nik's blogs for some shake "recipes".  I always thought it was way too much trouble to put a bunch fo extra stuff in a shake (only to discover that I still didn't like it much of the time), but you might find something you really like.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

indygirl
on 4/22/11 2:13 pm - indianapolis, IN
All of it is nasty if you ask me, but you've gotta find a way to drink them.  I generally drink the Nectar shakes.  Right now, I mix in SF KoolAid with Roadside Lemonade or kiwi strawberry and that seems to be doable.  Today, I had a can of pure protein and this evening at the mall, I stopped into GNC and bought a choc Total Lean shake.  I just hold my breath and drink.  There are so many things that can go wrong for you if you don't get enough protein, so think of it as medicine...you have to take it to get well.  Good luck.
nursenaomi85
on 4/22/11 5:59 pm - houston, TX
That is what i figured it something im going to need to get over cause I have to have it. Trust me I am going to stick to the rules on this one b/c i dont need any type of complication

Geminisappho
on 4/22/11 11:37 pm - Atascadero, CA
Check out Premier brand only at costco. They are RTD, taste creamy, come in chocolate and vanilla. 11.5oz= 30gm protein. Not bad. Similar to the consistency of a slimfast shake.
***ADRIENNE**

nursenaomi85
on 4/23/11 6:25 am - houston, TX
my friend was telling me about them..i am willing to try anything:)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 284 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views