Discouraged

sunny_in_texas
on 4/24/11 10:49 am - San Antonio, TX
Well, I am officially discouraged. I am in the process of completing my surgeons checklist to schedule my surgery. At first, I was super excited and enthusiastic, but I'm struggling with the weight loss portion of my checklist. I know this sounds funny, but I thought losing JUST 10 pounds would be pretty easy. Unfortunately I'm not doing too well on my weight loss. I'm scheduled to see my nutritionist this Tuesday and she will check my progress. If I can't lose 10 pounds then I can't schedule my surgery.
Sunny B.

Decide what to be and go be it.....

bowlwidow
on 4/24/11 10:51 am - IN
Did they give you a diet plan to follow?  If so, just keep following it to the letter.  You can do it and it is so worth it.  Good luck.

Christy

HW/SW/CW/GW
324/287125/130      

Heather M.
on 4/24/11 10:53 am - MI
Best thing I've ever done to loose weight....
MyFitnessPro.

You might not believe it, but writing down everything you eat really helps. Once you grab that... whatever it is... and you know you have to write it down, you for the most part decide NOT to eat it. MyFitnessPro has a smartphone app. I carry my phone everywhere. Before I put ANYTHING in my mouth I put it on the app... that discourages me from eating it.

Also... water water water. If I'm hungry (I'm still preop) I load myself up with water like it's going out of style. Then I'm full and I start somrhting at work, then I am distracted and then go a while until I remember I am hungry. Best of luck to you.
lori_jordan
on 4/24/11 10:54 am - Middleburg, FL
When I had to lose the weight prior to surgery I totally gave up soda...I was addicted to Mt Dew, I did a few other things, but mostly all I did was give up the Mt. Dew and some other sugar, preparing myself. I have not had a drop of soda in 9 years now...you can do it!!! be positive. take a walk everyday, even a short one will help and don't eat after 7pm...those things can help
TamaraL
on 4/24/11 10:58 am
The easiest way I could lose the weight is by doing the shakes and eating 1 small meal/day.  Or even doing up to 5 shakes/day.  Its hard but the weight will come off.

Dave T.
on 4/24/11 11:29 am - MN
I had to do optifast for 3 weeks to lose 21 pesky pounds before I could schedule. Ended up losing 30.  I would think slimfast only diet would do the samething at a fraction of the cost of a program.  I think a big reality check for me was my inability to lose the 21 pounds and the high cost of optifast woke up up that this was a serious situation.

cannbail55
on 4/24/11 2:57 pm
I agree with the writing down of EVERYTHING you eat. And drinking lots of water. I was never good at getting the weight off, but following the Dr's guidelines they gave me and writing everything down really helped me.  I lost 15 pounds in 7 weeks and the Dr. was so happy he gave me a hug. I will pray for your success.
AliSarah
on 4/24/11 3:45 pm
The pre op diet is so hard!! I know it is frustrating as heck.

Here's what I did:
I stopped drinking soda... I started drinking 8 cups of water a day. And, then I gave up bread, rice, and pasta. I ate burgers, just no buns. I ate tacos, just no shell. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted, I just didn't eat the bread/rice/pasta part of the combination. Instead of pasta, I had veggies with the sauce and cheese and everything. I started at 316, and lost 50 pounds pre op with just giving up the bread/rice/pasta!!

You can do it!! :D

Huggles!!
~Sarah~
 HW 316/ SW 264/ CW 187/ GW 158  
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?