OT: My puppy is 8 months old... and look at thisTAIL!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/27/11 6:21 am - OH
My Chow puppy, Khan -- who is starting to look VERY adult and starting to show his serious guarding instincts (I feel much safer with him around) -- is now 8 months old and has the biggest tail I have ever seen on a Chow.  Pics are from my mom's backyard last week:

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

TXKashmir
on 4/27/11 6:25 am - Grand Prairie, TX
How CUTE is that!!?? Love that tail!!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

mspiccolo
on 4/27/11 6:26 am - Camarillo, CA
WOW!  What a georgous pup!  Love his tail!!!

immafatgirl
on 4/27/11 6:28 am - KY
i had a red one named scarlet
i had a male named kokomo
beautiful dogs and mine liked to give ppl stitches. i had to get rid of them . dont know what made them so mean to everybody else. my daughter and i were the only ones who could fool with them.
id love to have another pup..
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/27/11 6:47 am - OH
Some Chow Chows, even if they are properly socialized as puppies (which is a MUST with this breed), just have an aggressive temperament.  Chow mixes can be especially temperamental.

The breeder I got mine from specifically breeds for temperament... none of her dogs are at all agressive towards humans (but are, true to the breed, still very aloof with non-family members)... if she somehow ends up with one that is aggressive, they don't breed him/her.

I love how easy they are to housebreak (a very nice change from the Scotties I have had for the past 20 years!), but the brushing takes a lot of time!

Lora

Carrie W.
on 4/27/11 6:35 am - KY
Cute!!  I'm glad he takes his guarding seriously.  And the tail!! 

I have a 12 year old chow mix.  Unfortunately her tail was docked as a pup before I got her.  She stared down a coyote the other night.  She's serious about her territory. 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/27/11 6:48 am - OH
We had several Chows when i was growing up and I love how protective they are.  My Scottie will "sound the alarm", but if I really need protecting, that will be up to Khan!

Lora

nfarris79
on 4/27/11 6:47 am - Germantown, MD
 OMG he's so cute!!!!! I have 3 cats but love all animals (sometimes more than people!)

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/27/11 6:49 am - OH
LOL.  Me, too... especially after a particularly trying day with clients!

Lora

AddisynsMommy
on 4/27/11 7:19 am - FL
 Beautiful doggie! My daughter is over here yelling "pugly" we have a pug named pugsley so to her all dogs are "pugly" she keeps having me scroll back up to the pics!

Most Active
Recent Topics