two weeks postop

janice A.
on 4/28/11 3:46 pm - san angelo, TX
I am two weeks post op.. and feeliing neauseas.. I cant get my water in cuz it upsets my stomach. I drink warm water w/ lemon and i can handle that but I am in texas u kow 99 degee temps already..  Is this common if so what do u do ?? 
ty

Janice

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

Lady Lithia
on 4/28/11 4:06 pm
Have you tried cooler water with lemon?

I can't do water.... STILL and I'm three years out.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Michellem8991
on 4/28/11 4:10 pm - CT
I did chicken broth out of the can just a little warm.
vabtrfly
on 4/28/11 5:51 pm - Durham, NC
I'm not sure what to exactly tell you, because I'm not quite 2 weeks post op as yet.  I do know that before the surgery, I loved water, now it seems to "hurt" (if that makes sense).  I now put flavor packets in my water (Crystal Light, Suger-free Wylers, Suger-free Hawaiin Punch) and my water seems to go down smoother.  I can tolerate it so much more.  It may sound crazy, but it's true; for me anyway.  I hope you find a way to increase your water intake.  Good luck.
deborahgalek31
on 4/28/11 8:57 pm
I am almost 2 months out and I recently noticed that food and liquids are starting to taste better and aren't as revolting as they were.  I had no issues with water, but I do make up cool aid with splenda (instead of 1 Cup per packet, I use 1/2 Cup), and this goes down very smoothly and quickly.  You could also try iced tea.  I do not recommend premade lemonade...it has a lot of sodium in it!  Has the doctor given you anything for the nausiousness?  If not, you may want to call them to see if they can.  I got some pills the last day I was in the hospital and they work great.  If you are still on the pain meds, this can cause that queesy feeling too (that is why the prescribed the anti nausia pills).

Hope this helps

Live Long and Prosper  \ V / ,
Debbie
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 499 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 569 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 557 views