Walking

AwesomeForever
on 4/30/11 2:28 pm - Marlborough, MA
I love to walk. I do not love a treadmill. In fact, I think walking in place is not fun.

This week, I walked in a wildlife refuge, around my home, and at a cemetery.

Yes, it is fun to walk.

Just how do you exercise?

I am three years out. I had RNY surgery. My knees were just about ready for replacement prior to surgery. I cannot run but I can still walk with the knees that God gave me. RNY has halted the need for the new knees.

I am looking forward to a trip this summer to DC. It is one of my favorite places to go. You must know why! Yes, because you can walk and walk and walk. I love the walk from the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Memorial in the early evening hours.

Where do you like to walk?

Linda
janet2921
on 4/30/11 3:08 pm - Chicago, IL
Interesting topic!  I love recreational walking!  I have always enjoyed walking.  Walking gives me time to reflect, plan and problem solve.
Today, I powerwalk to the Lake Michigan and back home in less than 1 hour.
I now work in an office, so I walk 30 minutes every day during my lunch break.
I like the treadmill, I do 30 minutes when I can on bad weather days as I have membership at the YMCA.

Yes, there are so many wonderful health benefits to walking.

I am now tracking the walkathons in my area as this is now the season for that.  I am planning to participate in a national walkaton later in May.

Thanks for posting this important topic on fitness!

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

Becky D.
on 4/30/11 3:17 pm - CA
I also love to walk in cemeteries.
seattledeb
on 4/30/11 4:58 pm
I took 2 long walks today. It was sunny in Seattle today and I just couldn't stay inside.
I walked at the dog park. There is a 1/2 mile loop and it's all fenced in. The pup can go crazy and we just walk laps.
Then I walked up to a park near my house and walked along the beach. I find it very relaxing. I took the pooch again with me. She hasn't moved in hours!
I'm grateful for the gift of walking too.
Deb T.

AwesomeForever
on 4/30/11 5:22 pm - Marlborough, MA

I can't wait to walk on the beach. It strengths my calf muscles and ankles. It makes my feet feel so comfy.

I think my ankles had all the exercise they needed the day I spent 5 and a half hours walking around Pompeii.

I have had issues with a foreshortened Achilles Heel, knees need replacing sometime in the future as there is no cartilage, and a tendon in my right foot has been injured severely. I tend to stay away from uneven ground. It could damage my foot.

Tomorrow, I walk around the famous Grist Mill in Sudbury and the Wayside Inn.

Linda

jenni93
on 4/30/11 11:20 pm
I live on a Boy Scout Camp (my husband is camp director) and we have the most amazing and beautiful trails going through the woods.  A few are paved, a few more are 2-tracks for vehicles, and many are just foot paths through the woods.  Summer camp hasn't started yet, so the woods are filled with deer, squirrels, chipmunks, raccoons, birds, etc.  Peaceful and beautiful - a great place to walk!
   SW:  285   GW:  155    CW:  143          

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 282 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?