How long did you feel bad?

Angela *.
on 4/29/11 12:25 pm - UT
OK, surgery is Monday morning!!  Not nervous about the actual surgery....or even the pain the first couple days.  What I AM nervous about is not know HOW LONG I'll feel crappy!?  I have my child's IEP meeting at her school on Friday morning.  Will I be able to fake it for a half hour and appear normal when I'm only 4 days out?  ugh
I'm also flying somewhere when I'm 3 weeks out.... and I'm worried if I'll possible STILL feel super crappy. 
Does anyone actually feel OK pretty quick??  
   *******Angela******  5'10"tall  36yrs old   SW 268 CW 180 GW 168

brwneyz
on 4/29/11 12:30 pm
I wouldn't have been able to pull out a smile on Friday...Saturday, yes, but not Friday.  Make sure you have pain pills to pop before the meeting!  Good luck, I'm so excited for you!  What time do you go in on Monday?  Don't you love the new office??
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

turningpoint
on 4/29/11 12:30 pm
my surgeon said no flying for 6 weeks.

I felt ok after 1 week to get out for short periods.  Back to work at 2 weeks, but took a couple of months to feel 100%. 
Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
Lady Lithia
on 4/29/11 12:31 pm
Do you have someone to drive you to the IEP? 

Do you plan to "go into battle" at the IEP meeting?

I could PROBABLY have attended an IEP meeting, if it was a standard one. (not with a lot of muss and fuss....been in many of those)

If it's only a standard update though, and you and the school aren't planning on making any changes, see if they'll move it back a week.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Tessie W.
on 4/29/11 12:53 pm
I had surgery on a Tuesday and went to visit my father in the hospital on Saturday and then we went to my in laws.  I was tired at the end of the day but it felt great to get out.  I could have gone to an IEP.

As far as feeling good - at about the one month mark I was feeling pretty darn good!  :-) 

_Donna_
on 4/29/11 1:31 pm
you are gonna be sore after 4 days out and you best be careful about bloodclots when you fly so soon too. get up and walk every hour
Becky D.
on 4/29/11 2:21 pm - CA
I felt much better after about 3 weeks.
I didn't have much pain at all just fatigue and lots of it.
Going to a meeting should be fine but don't try running around the block.
mdolan20
on 4/29/11 3:06 pm - Brick, NJ
If it's just your run of the mill annual I would ask to reschedule or we even do them on speaker phone with the whole team present. I wouldn't push myself unless I had an issue with the placement...then again, if you do you should reschedule until you are more yourself. Good luck!
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

needtoloseweight
on 4/29/11 7:30 pm - Oxon Hill, MD
I like the idea of doing the meeting via speakerphone. I didn't feel well enough to do anything the first week. Not only that but I looked a hot mess.  I didnt start feeling normal until around the 6th week.

Price S.
on 4/29/11 9:42 pm - Mills River, NC
My sister took me for a congratulations pedicure on day 5.  That was about all I could do that early out. 
Did you talk to your Dr about flying at 3 weeks?  I took a trip at 6 weeks, driving, and was fine but was in bed each day at 8pm.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 561 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 548 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 25 views