Anyone else really dislike eating now?

The_best_me
on 5/2/11 7:32 pm - TX
I never thought it would happen to me, but I can honestly say I do not enjoy eating anymore. Thank the Lord that I am one that does experience hunger and have since about 3 weeks out, or else I probably wouldn't eat.

I think it started right after clear liquids stage. Everything, I mean everything, would cause an initial intense cramping when it first hit my pouch. Thankfully, that has not persisted, but it has made me hesitant to try new foods. If I'm going to experiment, it's usually on a weekend when I have some down time.

I do eat meat, but it takes so long to eat/chew that I rarely finish my 3 oz. I dislike the majority of protein supplements I've tried, and with the exception of my 1 Click Vanilla Latte daily, I dread drinking them. I get in about 800 calories a day (forced****ep a food diary religiously. Initially, I thought I would use it to prevent eating too much. However, I'm finding I use it more often to let me know when I haven't had enough.

I never thought I would dread meal time. Anyone else go through this phase?
skabets112
on 5/2/11 8:03 pm
there are days where I don't like eatting, especially when I don't have anything that's quick and easy to prepare that is WLS friendly. I find myself more apt to sit down and eat lunch if in fact something is right there at hand, ie left overs, bars, etc. I'm not huge on protein shakes, but they aren't bad when made into smoothies, which are super good. I add some greek yogurt, milk, and some fresh, or frozen fruit into mine for an extra protein enhancer. There are days where I forget to eat occassionaly, I don't always feel hunger...and if I do, if I ignore it, sometimes it will go away. It's crazy, because before surgery, my life revolved around food

I, just today, decided it was time (should have done this before) to start a food journal, just to make sure I'm getting my protein and calories in. I have done this on other diet plans (weigh****chers to be specific) and always fell off the wagon, so praying it goes better this time!

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

janet2921
on 5/2/11 8:42 pm - Chicago, IL
There used to be days early on when I would eat only because I had to eat. 

2 1/2 years out, I enjoy eating again.  But, my pouch is still nice and small, so my intake remains small.  I still have both the restrictive and malabsorbtive qualities of my pouch.

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 12:58 am
I'm a year out this month and I don't care if I eat at all.  I could live on protein shakes and have to make myself eat food. 
katheek
on 5/3/11 1:55 am - Cosmopolis, WA
I'm closing in on two months out and I was enjoying eating and preparing my WLS friendly foods but now I too don't care if I actually "eat" something.  I am fortunate enough to be able to tolerate any foods that I have tried but the prep work and the chewing and the "taking thirty minutes" to eat is alot.  For the past week I have only been drinking protein shakes (which I like) for breakfast and lunch, no snacks and for dinner I might have some cream of chicken soup or some chili.  My calories are staying at the 700 mark but then I drink 1% milk with my protein.  I want to get out of the lazy stage because truthfully are the protein shakes as good for us versus meats/nuts etc.

KATHEE K

curvaceousdiva
on 5/3/11 2:03 am - Hyattsville, MD
definitely... Im eating now cause I want to gain but there are days where I dont eat.... and in the beginning I didnt... my surgeon would say one can live months without food... but cant live a day without fluids.. so on those days I just make sure I stay hydrated
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
TheButterflye
on 5/3/11 3:24 am - Prince Georges County, MD
I wish I felt this way. I enjoy eating. I can't eat as much, but I love eating what I can eat. LOL

jillbhappy
on 5/3/11 4:11 am - Oceanside, CA
NOPE STILL LIKE TO EAT. JUST EATING THE GOOD STUFF NOW
kriskj
on 5/3/11 4:51 am - Canada
I am 6 weeks out and have within the last 2 weeks just started feeling hunger again...... same thing! if it wasnt for hunger prob wouldnt eat. Nothing tastes good anymore!! i want to enjoy food again one day!
   Since Nov '10        Since Surgery
The_best_me
on 5/3/11 7:59 am - TX
Thanks everyone who took the time to read and to post a response. As a former binge eater, this "eat to live" phase is foreign to me! But I'm glad to hear I'm not alone and possibly, with time I'll enjoy eating again. But, in All Things be Thankful....Right!?
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 307 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 80 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 80 views