headache meds

soldierzgirl36
on 5/6/11 4:28 am - WA
Just wondering what kind of headache meds you guys use after surgery. I am finally feeling good in every way except these awful headaches I get now. Never really got them before, not sure why I do now. Ive got a appt today with doc, hoping he will write me a script. I dont get nausea or anything with it, just plain hurts!!!!!!

SOLDIERZGIRL

nomoresugar
on 5/6/11 4:38 am
Dehydration can be a cause for headaches.  Are you sure you are drinking enough?  Hope you find something that works for you.
ladyquenn
on 5/6/11 4:45 am - WV
I only need Tylenol now, but so far every time I have had a headache it had been not drinking enough. As soon as I drink more water it goes away.
Teddi J
We have just enough religion to make us hate,
but not enough to make us love one another. ~Jonathan Swift                    
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 4:48 am - SC
For a regular headache?  Lots of water and some Tylenol.  For a migraine?  Tylenol, Benadryl and resting in a dark room.  

Your headaches could be from dehyrdation like other posters said. I would push more fliuids and see if they don't ease off.
katheek
on 5/6/11 6:09 am - Cosmopolis, WA
We are a day apart in our surgery dates.  I have been experiencing headaches too and I have a doctor appt. today.  My insurance has their WLS patients hooked up with a nutritionist for the first year so I spoke with her yesterday.  Couple things she mentioned was water intake-no problem for me I get at least 64 oz a day.  Crystal lite because of the stuff they use to make it sugar free-Nope I have been using that for years.  Went over the vitamin regimen, all is good there but then I won't know lab results for another month.

One of her suggestions was to drink Gatorade(G2) for the added electrolites.  So I will pick that up this weekend.  My surgeon had wrote a script for liquid tylenol so that is what I take now for headaches.

The surgery is a blessing and I am sure that our bodies just have a transition to go through.

KATHEE K

soldierzgirl36
on 5/6/11 12:50 pm - WA
Thanks for all the responses! I will intake more water to see if it will help. However, when I went to dr appt today they put me on betablockers and a migraine medicine. They said caffine withdraw is probably the source of all this. So, lets see if these meds start to help me! :)

SOLDIERZGIRL

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 176 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?