When did your hunger come back?

ChasingButterflies
on 5/6/11 1:07 pm - FL
I remember waking up from surgery and thinking to myself, "Thank you God for answering the prayer that I've been praying my whole life!"  For once, I wasn't hungry!  I knew the hunger would return, I just didn't know when.  Well, I think it's back.  It's so hard to tell sometimes though.  I'm almost 10 weeks out.  When do you remember being hungry again?  And, for you, was it a different kind of hungry?  For me, it's not like it used to be where I thought I'd die without getting something to eat.  Now, it's more like a need to eat because my body needs it.  I have no enjoyment from eating at all anymore.  A blessing and sometimes a curse as well.
~Brooke~
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.  ~Maya Angelou    
Pre-Surgery Weight: 315  RNY 2-28-2011
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 1:19 pm - Santa Cruz, CA

You might be having a need for water.  Often our bodies send a signal for water but we misinterpret it as hunger.

It took a long time for me to actually feel hunger, and then it was as a result of low blood sugar.  I got the trembles, and a totally different type of ache near my tummy.

We all react differently.  Try drinking some liquid first, then if you decide to eat something make it protein.

Best wishes,

Lady Lithia
on 5/6/11 1:27 pm
Lynn, you're always so helpful and awesome! 

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 1:50 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Aw, shucks!!  'Twarn't nuthin!

Lady Lithia
on 5/6/11 1:29 pm
Hunger..... hasn't returned yet, I don't honestly expect it to return.

But HUNGER ...... based on boredom... yeah, I have that

and lately.... I looooove Berries-and-Fage-Yoghurt ... I mean crazy love it.... so I crave it and eat it too much!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

ChasingButterflies
on 5/6/11 2:05 pm - FL
Lynn, maybe you are right.  Maybe it's thirst. 
~Brooke~
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.  ~Maya Angelou    
Pre-Surgery Weight: 315  RNY 2-28-2011
Mary Catherine
on 5/6/11 3:26 pm
 I am in my fourth year and hunger has not returned yet.

If I eat certain carbs, like saltine crackers, I want more and more of them.  

As long as I get enough dense protein and drink enough water, there is no hunger

Price S.
on 5/6/11 9:36 pm - Mills River, NC
Maybe if I go too long without eating, I feel hungry.  But I try to eat at least every 3 hours and if I do, and get 20 oz of fluid inbetween, I don't feel hungry.  Sometimes if I go too long, I feel empty, but not really hungry.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

cajungirl
on 5/6/11 9:39 pm
Some people do experience hunger.

I'm 6 years out and still cannot say I have a true hunger.  My signal is a empty feeling and then I realize it's been a while since I've eaten.  I have to make myself eat at scheduled time.

As Lynne said make sure it's not thirst. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

MultiMom
on 5/6/11 10:10 pm - NH
No hunger yet.......I have to make sure I don't forget to eat, especially if I am busy.

Eating for me was not always hunger based. I ate because I liked food, boredom, happiness, upset, anger......you get the point.

I always said that some people eat to live and others live to eat. I have gone from the live to eat to the eat to live. It a much better place to be!

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 343 views
What's on your Monday Menu?