What a Mother's Day to have.....

kim_in_alabama
on 5/8/11 3:45 am
First off HAPPY MOTHER'S Day to all the moms and soon to be moms.

----First off I want to say I love my family so much, but they really messed up this time.  I am not on to make a big deal over holidays and my birthday.  But for as long as  can remember my husband has made me breakfast in bed  on  Mother's Day.

----I woke up to nothing, no smell of pancakes or eggs, NOTHING!  I walk out into the living room, he's sitting there looking at TV and saids good morning, I went to the store and got the Sunday paper and some extra coupons for you and I clean the gutters out this morning. 

-----The grill is  lit and ready to put the ribs on to smoke for dinner later. I say oh OK, he continues to say that when he went to the store it was crowded for a Sunday.  I just shook my head.  So I sat down at the computer and started to surf the web. 

---My kids are walking around hey ma they say, hey I say back.  And everyone is going about their business.   My son asks can I make me some pancakes, my husbands said yes and so that happens,

----By this time my husband has laid sown on the couch and fallen asleep.  My son makes  some pancakes and then my daughter makes herself some.  There was some batter left in the bowl so I as was she making anymore and she said no, but she'll make one for me if I want her to.  I said no I'll do it.

----So I pull out the bacon put 4 strips in the pan cook that, then make me 2 pancakes as I look in the living room at my "DEAR HUSBAND" fast asleep on the couch.  I start to wail up with tears.  I am so freaking pissed off,  I'm not  into being made a fuss over, but damn... no breakfast, no happy mother's day,  NO NOTHING!!!!!

-----But if I start fussing then, lets go get her something from CVS or she will be like this all week. WFT EVER!!!!!

-----So while I sit at the computer and eat my Brunch that I made for myself I say to you all.  I hope
you day is going better then mine.

----Oh yeah my son just ate my last strip of bacon.....

****Happy Mother's Day to me****

HW:306  SW:291  CW: 265  GW:165      
plum21
on 5/8/11 3:49 am - Miami, FL
 Get out of the house and give yourself a mother's day treat.
Andrew Thompson
on 5/8/11 3:52 am - Canada
 Say something. As a husband I'm not very good at remembering dates. 

Before the surgery I kept putting things off. I was never good enough. One of the benefits of WLS is that you start to believe in yourself. Check out my blog:
All Things CPAP

SoOrMommy
on 5/8/11 4:12 am - OR
My heart goes out to you hun. I was fully expecting my husband to get up with the kids this morning, as I asked him to do so last night and he agreed. HA! The baby woke up before 6AM and he "slept" right through his crying. Well... that just started a snowball effect and woke our 5 year old up, and after about 20 minutes of trying to wake hubby up, I finally wisked them into the living room mumbling under my breath. The 2 kids are pretty easy to handle and I was praying my 6 year old would stay asleep until at least 8 or 9. NOPE! 5 minutes and he comes out rubbing his eyes and says, "Mommy! You're suppose to be in bed sleeping so we can bring you breakfast in bed!" Bless his heart!

I made us fruit and yogurt parfaits and after slamming some stuff around he FINALLY came out looking SO.INCREDIBLY.GUILTY. lmao I get a squeaky, "Happy Mothers Day" outta him. I got scrambled eggs and cinnamon rolls, but I had to ask him to do it.

I packed his lunch before he left for work which he said made him feel even worse LOL AH! MEN!!

Keep your chin up sweets. Tell him how you feel! Be open and honest, kiss and make up and enjoy the rest of the day!! :D
remembrtherain
on 5/8/11 4:41 am, edited 5/8/11 4:48 am - San Francisco, CA

Some flowers for you on mothers day.....actually the same ones I got my mom..

Every mother deserves to be happy today. Go out, do something for you. A pedicure, a massage, SOMETHING for you! :)

If you really need to get out how you feel, tell them. this is YOUR day. you gave birth x2, you are woman hear YOU ROAR! hehe
Bootssie
on 5/8/11 4:52 am - CA
RNY on 12/17/10 with
My husband wants to know what your husband's phone number is so he can call him. I'm so sorry hun. As a previous poster said, get out of the house and go treat yourself to a nice meal and spa treatment! Happy Mother's Day sweetie.
birthdaygirl
on 5/8/11 5:32 am - Lithonia, GA
As a wife of 16 years and a mother to 7 sons and 3 daughters....this scenario is everyday in my house.....BUT  I KNOW THEY LOVE ME!

Friday my little ones brought me home lil crafts and cards from school and Saturday was spent wrapping up loose ends for my 3 oldest who are graduating from high school and 8th grade....Today.......I am at the stove cooking from scratch meals and desserts.......

But on the bright side......I am glad to still be here and able to see it and do it....every day is Mother's Day for me...and being 2.5 years out I look in the mirror at myself and glance at pics of my old sick self and say "Thank you Jesus" this is better than a bottle of Gucci cologne anyday!......

But I do Understand!...................soooooooo................HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!...................

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
kim_in_alabama
on 5/8/11 6:17 am
On May 8, 2011 at 10:45 AM Pacific Time, kim_in_alabama wrote:
First off HAPPY MOTHER'S Day to all the moms and soon to be moms.

----First off I want to say I love my family so much, but they really messed up this time.  I am not on to make a big deal over holidays and my birthday.  But for as long as  can remember my husband has made me breakfast in bed  on  Mother's Day.

----I woke up to nothing, no smell of pancakes or eggs, NOTHING!  I walk out into the living room, he's sitting there looking at TV and saids good morning, I went to the store and got the Sunday paper and some extra coupons for you and I clean the gutters out this morning. 

-----The grill is  lit and ready to put the ribs on to smoke for dinner later. I say oh OK, he continues to say that when he went to the store it was crowded for a Sunday.  I just shook my head.  So I sat down at the computer and started to surf the web. 

---My kids are walking around hey ma they say, hey I say back.  And everyone is going about their business.   My son asks can I make me some pancakes, my husbands said yes and so that happens,

----By this time my husband has laid sown on the couch and fallen asleep.  My son makes  some pancakes and then my daughter makes herself some.  There was some batter left in the bowl so I as was she making anymore and she said no, but she'll make one for me if I want her to.  I said no I'll do it.

----So I pull out the bacon put 4 strips in the pan cook that, then make me 2 pancakes as I look in the living room at my "DEAR HUSBAND" fast asleep on the couch.  I start to wail up with tears.  I am so freaking pissed off,  I'm not  into being made a fuss over, but damn... no breakfast, no happy mother's day,  NO NOTHING!!!!!

-----But if I start fussing then, lets go get her something from CVS or she will be like this all week. WFT EVER!!!!!

-----So while I sit at the computer and eat my Brunch that I made for myself I say to you all.  I hope
you day is going better then mine.

----Oh yeah my son just ate my last strip of bacon.....

****Happy Mother's Day to me****
*****UPDATE,

I did get my cards from them.  I think the crazy look on my face told it all.  I feel a little better, but I think it's guilt for not acting sooner.

HW:306  SW:291  CW: 265  GW:165      
MrsAndy
on 5/8/11 7:58 am
Feel sorry for yourself much?  *Sheesh* ....Did you ever stop to think how fortunate you are to even HAVE your husband and kids in your life today? .... I have a friend *****cently lost her husband AND two kids in an auto accident....She would give anything to have them around "ignoring" her today.  I can't believe someone hasn't said this sooner but you really need to get over yourself.  I dont' feel sorry for you one bit but I sure feel sorry for your familly....
DeeNadj
on 5/8/11 8:24 am - Malmstrom AFB, MT
I feel sorry for YOU. Sounds like you got ignored today too.
Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
Most Active
Recent Topics