Anybody have psoriasis?

ChasingButterflies
on 5/9/11 7:12 am - FL
I have suffered with psoriasis my entire life.  I am lucky enough that it only affects my scalp and not other areas of my body.  However, I'm 10 weeks out of surgery and it's gotten TERRIBLE!!!  I'm hoping that it will stop being so itchy once my hormones level off, but it's getting really bad.  Does anyone else here suffer from this disease?
~Brooke~
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.  ~Maya Angelou    
Pre-Surgery Weight: 315  RNY 2-28-2011
ephraimmeir77
on 5/9/11 8:52 am - CA
I have horrible plaque psoriasis that used to cover most of my body. I am on Humera (after I wa son Embrel0. They are both excellent medications. Since surgery (3 months ago) my psoriasis has gotten better and I expect the more weight I lose the better it will get. You can send me a message if you have any more questions on the subject.
Ephraim Osgood

Bonnie ABC
on 5/9/11 9:00 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
I had horrible psoriasis before surgery.  About 5 weeks after surgery I looked down and I had knees.. not those horrible scabby itchy ones of before.  Not sure what changed, but something did for my patches all over my body to clear up.  I'm almost three years out, and still not sign of it returning.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Kermit P.
on 5/9/11 9:02 am

I also have developed psoriasis on my scalp (mostly just there)........had this before surgery and did well with topicals although it never entirely went away.  Today I am back to itching again.....I sometimes wonder if this will ever go away.....I worry as I had hair loss due to it several months before surgery and am hoping and praying it doesnt get too bad again due to concern about more hair loss.  I am thankful that I only have a few spots on my body but I also get tired of itchy, flaky head!

HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
stacey1000
on 5/9/11 9:07 am - Hillsboro, IL
I suffer from psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.  I have been on Humira for nearly six years and it keeps everything under control.  I have noticed in the 5 weeks since my RNY that the little bit of psoriasis I still have has virtually disappeared.
ChasingButterflies
on 5/9/11 9:21 am - FL
Mine did seem to get better, but now at 10 weeks out, I'm miserable.  I have never been on any types of oral medications.  My doctors have always told me to use T-gel, etc.  Those things just don't work for me.  Maybe I should inquire about an oral med.  I just hate that I have to take anything orally because it's such a pain being so newly out of surgery.
~Brooke~
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.  ~Maya Angelou    
Lori W.
on 5/9/11 10:47 am - Russellville, MO
I also suffer from psoriasis on my scalp and face. Last time I got my hair cut at my local Great Clips my stylist suggested I use Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner. It has done wonders for my scalp. I also use it to wash my face with and it seems to help quite a bit, but fair warning it is not the best smelling stuff in the world. I think it is only available at Great Clips but not sure. I hope once I finish jumping through all the hoops my insurance requires and have my surgery mine clears up.

Lori
ChasingButterflies
on 5/9/11 12:10 pm - FL
I love Tea Tree.  I haven't used it in a while.  Maybe I'll give it another shot.  Something's gotta give!
~Brooke~
Kristine E.
on 5/9/11 12:46 pm - VA
RNY on 01/27/11 with
I have it on my knees, elbows, and scalp. I have since I was 8. No signs of it getting better (and I've lost 80 pounds). My insurance won't cover immune suppressants for it, and nothing else really works except the tanning bed. I don't tan because I'm paler than Casper and burn too easily
flyingwoman
on 5/9/11 1:20 pm
I have it on my scalp, arms, a few spots here and there on my torso and horrible patches on my lower legs. It was really good for about 3 weeks after surgery and now is terrible. My skin is sooooo dry all the time, regardless of how much water I am taking in. I'm suspecting it might be the ultra low fat? I dunno, i just hope it improves.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 345 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 347 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 184 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?