weight loss progress after RNY?????

Amber Bauman
on 5/10/11 4:55 am - OK
Hello,

I am currently 4.5 months out from my Roux-En-Y Bypass Surgery and my weight loss has SLOWED WAY DOWN. I've lost 74lbs since my surgery and a total of 139 lbs. From 437 to 298. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this sudden slowing down of the losing weight??

I know I am able to eat more of a variety now so I am puttin in more calories but its almost come to a complete stop. I've lost about 6 lbs in one month! Its kind of nerve-wrecking. I dont know if I"m doing something wrong or what.

Any advice would be helpful :)

Thank you.
nomoresugar
on 5/10/11 5:01 am
Stalls are normal.  Try using the search field above and search  ending a stall   you can find many many posts with suggestions that might help.
Amber Bauman
on 5/10/11 5:09 am - OK
will do! Thanks for the advice
SueG777
on 5/10/11 5:13 am - Roma, Italy
My surgery was just a couple of days after you and here is what I've done:

1st month - 34 lbs
2nd month - 10 lbs
3rd month - 12 lbs
4th month - 7 lbs

I had no pre surgery diet so I think that is why I lost so much the first month and you can see that last month I really slowed down a lot and was pretty worried about it but I think it was just a stall because in the last week I have lost 7 lbs. 

I wouldn't be too concerned yet and it would probably be good to get your food journal going so you can track exactly what you are eating.  I seem to have no problems eating anything and am constantly worried that I am going to slip back into my old habits.

Good Luck
Ready to Live Life!             
Jacobsmama08
on 5/10/11 5:40 am - Morgan Hill, CA
Totally normal. And remember if you are doing any kind of working out that muscle weighs more than fat, so losing fat and gaining some muscle is going to reflect badly on the scale. Also, I've heard if your weight loss slow down, make sure you're getting all your protein in, 80 - 100 grams. Esscential to keep the weight coming off.

Good luck

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 6:53 am
Dang, you've lost a ton of weight. Your body will need to do a little adjusting, I'm sure. You'll go through lots of stalls, maybe even some re-gains, along the way. It's a normal thing. Be sure to take your measurements. You'll probably lost inches when you're not losing pounds, and visa versa.
Amber Bauman
on 5/10/11 7:19 am - OK
Thanks you guys :D Its nice to know I have support when I have questions! I do have a hard time getting in 80g of protein per day but I'm trying. I usually get atleast 50g per day in. I really appreciate all the responses though. It makes me feel much better
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 7:52 am - Olympia, WA
Agreed with the previous poster... During times where I felt the scale wasn't moving, I swear my body was changing and losing inches.

With all this rapid weight loss, its hard not to compare with the previous months and so forth, but when you look at the whole, you are doing amazing!

I've just started incorporating more excercise, which I think will help too.
penguingirl
on 5/10/11 7:54 am
My surgery was 3 days before yours & I was feeling pretty frustrated over the past 4 weeks.  Here's what its been like so far:
Dec -29 lbs (this includes 2 week pre-op liquid diet)
Jan -19
Feb -13
Mar -13
Apr -9
May -9 so far...maybe things are back on track now. 

Exercise seems to be the key for me....even what little bit of it I do.  It's still hard to imagine I'll lose more though...the whole thing is amazing to me. 
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." ~ Henry Ford            5'11"  HW 369/SW 353/GW 209    
LTewell
on 5/10/11 10:27 am - indianapolis, IN
I've averaged about 10 to 11 pounds a month.  But, I'm trying really hard to make good choices and looking at the whole not just the numbers I've lost or have to go.  Good job on your loss so far.  Remember when your not losing pounds your tightening and losing inches.  Get the tape measure out.  I did.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 227 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 352 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 234 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 44 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 131 views
Recent Topics