Today is my day!

Elizabeth Z.
on 5/10/11 10:30 am - Corning, NY
Today is my 1 year surgiversary. I have been planning this day for the last 364 days. I had intentions of making a big celebration of my life altering decision. I am down 116 pounds as of today. For the last four months I've been in a stall and I think I'm pretty much done losing. This puts me at a weight of 164 pounds and a labels me as average weight.

Instead of celebrating this day as I had intended to... I spent the whole day with my Mom who in turn had to have a gallbladder removal surgery and she didn't do so well with anesthesia. Ironic that exactly 1 year ago today, I spent it in the hospital with my Mother with my surgery and today I am with her for her surgery.

I'm not the least bit dissappointed either because I have the rest of my life to celebrate this decision... not just 1 day a year.

Even better news... I recently assisted my family doing a benefit for Roswell Cancer Center and I am so proud to say that we made $2,487.50 to donate for research and enough hair was cut to make 12 adult wigs and 4 children size wigs and donated to Locks of Love. I am currently working to head a cancer benefit in my town with my daughter next month.

http://bariatrickitchen.wordpress.com/

LJ1972
on 5/10/11 11:46 am - FL
YAY! Congrats on the great weight loss! And awesome job with the fundraiser / Locks of Love - very cool

Hope your mom continues to do ok!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 562 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 551 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 81 views