WTH is up with L'eggs hosiery sizes?!? What hosiery do you petites buy?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/10/11 9:22 pm, edited 5/10/11 9:32 pm - OH
Ok, When I weighed 330+ pounds, I wore Just my Size size 3 hose. Now I have gone back to wearing the Sheer Elegance hose by L'eggs (is anyone else here old enough to remember when they came in the original white plastic eggs?!?) which were what I liked before I outgrew their sizing. So.... fast forward.... I now weigh 145 -150 pounds, wear size 10 or 12 pants, but still cannot fit into a Size B and have to buy Queen size!! WTF?!?!?!? I cannot get the size B over my hips (well, they go over my hips, but barely reach my waist, are VERY tight, and slowly roll downwward! The only big parts of my body are my thighs and my boobs (neither of which is the problem!) and I had a TT and panni removal so I don't have a big roll of excess skin around my hips, so WHAT'S THE DEAL!?!? (Can you tell that I had to put on hose to go to work today, LOL?)

Some of the problem is THEM changing their sizing, because I had a Queen size black pair (still in its little dark egg) from 10-15 years ago tucked away in a drawer and they were too big when I put them on a while back. But, seriously... size 10/12 is now QUEENSIZE?!?!?

I wrote them an unhappy e-mail but all I got back was a request to provide the barcode and style number off of the package (which I had thrown away, of course).

I *HATE* having to buy Q hose (I worked too F'n hard to get out of the damn "plus' sizes"), but am having trouble finding another brand that I like that fits properly (I'm short, so some of them are a bit too baggy). Am I the only one having this problem?

For those of you in the "petite" crowd (standard under 5'4" definition), what hose do you buy that fit?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Rejoyce
on 5/10/11 9:28 pm - Dayton, OH
I'm still queen size, but I've always preferred the fit of the jcpenney hose in a "short".  They don't bag and stretch out as much and I was always sensitive to something in most other hose and would break out, but could wear the ones from jcpenney.  You might check them out.

Joyce
Life is just a stage I'm going through...
HW:253  SW: 230  CW: 170  GW: 140

KittenLove
on 5/10/11 10:58 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
Lora,

funny you mention this...I don't do hose much..but I needed a pair back in late Feb to wear under a dress with my tall boots and I needed black...I looked in my drawer and found an unopened pair from my big girl days -- and I wore 'em! LOL! Now, they were wrinkly at the knees and I had to keep pulling them up but they worked. It's crazy. I've always bought at least one if not two sizes up from the sizing on the package.

You just know a man invented them

Be happy. 

Kim S.
on 5/10/11 11:59 pm - Helena, AL
First, YES I remember the platic eggs....I got the silver ones because I loved Sheer Energy in SUNTAN....uuuggghhh

Honestly, I only go bare legged in Spring/Summer--I do not wear hose.  In the winter I wear tights and find that if I buy the size on the package by the height/weight they fit just fine.  I have a couple pairs that I swear look like toddler's tights until I manage to sqeeze all of me into them!

I did find a "big girl" pair of tights in the back of the drawer and I put them on...the legs did get baggy, but I could've gotten away with them! 

Go bare legged and don't worry about it!

sonnieN
on 5/11/11 1:36 am - grand rapids, MI
You may want to try Assets. You can find them at Target. They are a little bit more expensive but are a great shaper as well. My friend who is a stylist swears by them. You're like me where your thighs are still a little bigger. These help smooth them out w/o feeling constrained. Also they do have one that goes up higher (like under your boobs) so it will help smooth you stomach (not that you really need it after your TT) but they also don't roll down like ones that stop at your hips. I hate wearing hose so usually go w/o but it is amazing what those will do for your shape. My friend made me try them on along w/ a body shaper top and then try on all different clothes. Boy what a difference it makes even after having PS, just smooths everthing. She even wears them and she's like a size 2-4.
Susank505
on 5/11/11 2:37 am, edited 5/11/11 2:38 am - Mt. Pleasant, MI
I was just thinking along these lines the other day. But concerning underwear!! I have usually used the "Just my size" panties and they seemed to fit my curves. Now that I have lost weight they no longer fit my body!! I have lost my butt and so the bottom rear of the JMS panties flap away in the wind!! LOL

Now I have moved to Hanes because they fit my new body better!! I have lost 6 inches in my hips but only down ONE size in panties.. go figure!! My former grannies fit like Urkel now lol.

Also, after losing almost 60 pounds I can wear a size 16 pants (now still considered PLUS size) and I wore a 16 in high school but weighed 140 lbs!! Whats up with that?? I am 60 lbs from my goal and already in a size 16!! sizing certainly has changed!!!

I also bought the higher style Spanx a couple of years ago... size E and still felt squished. So didnt use them.. now almost 60 lbs lighter they still make me feel squished!!!

At my high weight I just bought a 3X and didnt even try them on... cause I knew they would cover my body and didnt care about fit. Now I have to try on ALL the clothes cause the manufacturers sizing is so different and I DO care about fit now. Shopping is HARDER!!! LOL

But I am still glad I did the RNY and glad to be losing and having these probs.
~Susan~    HT 5'6"
HW 278 / PRE-OP 270 / SW 260 / CW 197/ GW 150

WOOHOOO!!!!  I AM 60.8% TO MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!!!
"Be the change you want to see in the World" - Ghandi

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/11/11 8:02 am - OH
LOL... I had the "flapping in the wind" experience when I was experimenting with new panty brands after I lost the weight...  some are just too baggy in the butt!

Lora

Carebearny1999
on 5/11/11 9:35 am - Rochester, NY
Lora--you and my Mom are about the same size--I'll call her right now! And I LOVED playing with those eggs! She wears the JcPenney ones
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/11/11 10:32 am - OH
Thanks.  Yeah, I used to play with them when they first came out, too.  One year fro easter, weill saved them up and filled them with candy, and let me tell you, LOTS of jelly beans and small hard candies fit in one of thsoe eggs!

Lora

Most Active
Recent Topics