4 Days post-op and pain meds not working

Lindylou1
on 5/14/11 5:35 am - CA
Your feelings a very normal. For the first 6 weeks I was very depressed and wondered why the heck did I do this to myself. I was so sure before the surgery I was prepared for anything. I felt betrayed. Nothing was working for me .
I was sick all the time and hurting and thought I had really made a bad decision.
Now I am so happy. I feel so much better. My life has drastically changed. I feel 10 years younger.
Everyone said things will get better. I hated those words. They really ticked me off. I felt like crap. But I know the wisdom of those words now. I enjoy so many things now I could not before.
So here they are, The words of wisdom.  LOL Things will get better. I hope the best for you on your journey. Hang in there.

Cecelia B.
on 5/14/11 6:10 am - St Louis, MO
I had lots of trouble the first 3-5 weeks, seemed like it would never end. It does. I had liquid Vicodin, it helped. Call your surgeon's office and tell them your problems. Also I took Prilosec for nausea. Also there is a homeopathic remedy which is inexpensive and works for nausea, burping etc. It is called Carb Veg. Go to the health food store and ask for their remedys. Take a 6x, goes under the tongue and melts to nothing.
AWyldfire
on 5/14/11 1:56 pm - OH
Awesome !!! Thanks so much !!! Good luck on your continued success =)  Angi

Cecelia B.
on 5/15/11 1:45 am - St Louis, MO
You are welcome.  How are you today?

PS I love your profile picture.

Starting wt. March/ 2010  385lbs
Surgery wt.  Sept/2010     322lbs
Current wt.  Sept/2013     204lbs

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?