Flying tomorrow - any tips or tricks?

RedAppleCandie
on 5/13/11 1:05 am
HI all my BFFs!  lol

I'm flying to Denver tomorrow, and want to compare notes with others who have travelled. 

I plan on taking several small tupperware containers of my protein powder and my mini blender.
I will be putting the mini blender in my checked bag, but bringing the powders carry-on. 
Has anyone had any trouble getting through security with the powder?  I would be really ticked off if they made me dump it all out.  Should I just put it in a ziplock bag, and put in my checked bag? 

I already have aisle seats reserved, so I can get up and walk around.  And I have made plans to have the airport people wheel me to the connecting gate if I don't feel up to walking there.  

Any tips from everyone are greatly appreciated!  Thanks!!!

_Donna_
on 5/13/11 1:27 am
Did you get your doctor's approval to fly so soon after surgery?

Have fun!
RedAppleCandie
on 5/13/11 1:28 am
Yes, he said as long as I felt up to it, to go for it.  (and I feel fabulous!)

(See, originally my surgery was supposed to be after my trip, but things happened, and it ended up being before)

laura_vermont
on 5/13/11 2:01 am
It sounds like you've got it covered.  My last trip, I did put my protein powder in my checked bag & used a shaker bottle instead of a blender -- but you should be fine.  You might hear from a more frequent flyer but if there are sharp blades on the blender, you might want to put it in checked bag -- I tend to be over cautious though. 

Hope you have a good trip... I fly tomorrow too, but I'm only packing protein bars this trip.  Coffee & protein bars -- it's all I need. 

Laura
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

RedAppleCandie
on 5/13/11 2:15 am
Thanks!  I did plan on putting the mini blender in the checked bag, and my shaker bottle in the carry on.  Probably will take 2 shaker bottles, one with powder already in it, one empty, (so I can measure the milk I get on the plane)  

Wish I could eat some real food, cause that would make it easier! 

monkmoses
on 5/13/11 2:44 am - Valyermo, CA
 I have had my protein powder taken away from me every time I tried to carry it on.  The only one I have found I was able to carry on was individual sealed packages ( I usually keep Unjury individual packages around for when I travel).

Good luck on your trip.
Ale L.
on 5/13/11 12:21 pm
RNY on 03/08/11 with
 what protein bars do you like?
laura_vermont
on 5/13/11 12:33 pm
I'm pretty picky - my favorites are Oh Yeah! PB Cup wafers & Power Crunch - PB creme w/vanilla coating.  They are both wafers - light & crunchy - I don't care for the dense bars.  But they don't have as much protien as the dense bars.
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Ale L.
on 5/13/11 12:45 pm
RNY on 03/08/11 with
 thanks...i am going to give them a try. i am not a fan of the dense bars either.  where do you get them?
laura_vermont
on 5/13/11 1:02 pm
Unfortunately, I have to order online -- either amazon.com or netrition.com

Most Active
Recent Topics