Pre-Op Lab results

LJ1972
on 5/18/11 1:45 pm - FL
 I got a copy of a few of my lab results from the NUT at Monday's visit.   The reason I got them was because they were bad. 
  - listed me as vitamin deficient. I am to start Vit C 500mg everyday
  - positive for h.pylori bacteria, so 2 prescriptions for that
   - high thyroid

I used to take meds for low thyroid and then doc took me off because my labs came back normal. Now it is 4.8 vs a high normal of 4.2.  The surgeon said I need to talk to my doc and have him fax them his recommendations and notes from our consultation before they start moving towards anything resembling scheduling surgery.  I called my PCP today and the nurse never called back.  If I dont' hear from her by lunch tomorrow I will call again.

On a good note - my cholesterol was 119,  bad cholesterol (LDL) was good at 67 (vs needing to be less than 100) and my triglycerides were 79 vs 30-150.  My HDL (good cholesterol) was a little low at 36 vs needing to be higher than 50.

Anyone with experience with the h.pylori?   or unmedicated (to date) high thyroid?
murdockt
on 5/18/11 2:53 pm - Redmond, OR
I was also treated for H. pylori before surgery. It is the main source for ulcers so you need to get rid of it. I researched online and the transmission mode is not really understood. It said that it can run in families. Good luck on your progress toward surgery.
LJ1972
on 5/18/11 11:38 pm - FL
How far out are you?  I am wondering if it comes back easily once you have had it or if that has anything to do with it?  I am kind of concerned about the whole ulcer thing....  :(
murdockt
on 5/18/11 11:55 pm - Redmond, OR
I am currently 9 weeks post-op and I am doing fine. You are on the course of antibiotics which should take care of the problem. Many people have H. pylori and they don't have any symptoms or problems. I was one of them. I had no idea that I had it.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views