IBS after surgery???

heidinsd
on 5/20/11 6:44 am - Poway, CA
I'm really wondering if I have IBS, maybe i had it before surgery but always thought it was something I ate and never cared. But now since I'm more aware of my body and what I put in it. But this might be tmi sorry but all of a sudden I get stomach cramps and have to run to the bathroom and I'm in there for awhile. I'm going to see my surgeon about the issue just wondering if anyone else might be going thru this thank you

I love my tool!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 7:01 am - Boston, MA
 Did you have your gallbladder out? I had mine out 17 yrs ago and if I eat something with too high of fat that happens to me, horrible stomach ache, run to the bathroom.. done.  But since the surgery I haven't had it I guess because I'm eating such low fat things.  
ktharp89
on 5/20/11 7:04 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I was worried about the same thing and it turned out I had an infection. They gave me antibiotics and I'm not running to the bathroom all the time now. It might be the same for you.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

heidinsd
on 5/20/11 7:25 am - Poway, CA
Gallbladder was taken out when I had surgery, wondering about the infection, i have an appt next friday with surgeon this has been a on going thing, just tired of it

I love my tool!!!!
Carla M.
on 5/20/11 1:50 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I have bowel spasms that cause me to go to the bathroom a lot. Yep, TMI. I found that, if I take either Bentyl or Levsin, it's not nearly as bad. They are designed to slow your bowels down and relax them a bit. Might be something to look into.
Recent Topics