Help!!! My mind is a mess !!!

AWyldfire
on 5/22/11 4:55 pm - OH
Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks post-op and my mind is a mess !!! I am feeling so confused and sad and then happy !! What the heck, is this normal?! Every day I weigh myself and so far every day I have lost. I can't stop weighing and worrying and wondering. Am I losing enough? Will I stop losing? Is this all I will lose? What should I eat/drink !!   Augh !!!!! Please is this normal? Anyone else having these issues? I am happy, yet sad. What is going on? Someone Please help !!!

Ladytazz
on 5/22/11 5:36 pm
 Hormones are stored in fat so when you lose weight you are releasing hormones into your body.  It will get better :)

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

TrueNorthFriend
on 5/22/11 6:02 pm - Canada
For me the first few months had all the aspects of a roller coaster ride...  hard uphill chugs, glleeful falls, frights and scares.  It got  a lot better - but I still have to contend with the thought that 120 lbs is going to jump on me when I'm not looking.  This is  new me for sure, and at eigthteen months out I can't see this is going to change back to the old me - mentally, emotionally or physically.    I went through a few months around the one year mark of being very scared to eat..  My brain seemed to want to do a dance with anorexia.  I could totally see how that could happen.  Maybe most of none of these things will happen to you - maybe entirely different things will happen.  Or maybe you'll just heap and mental/emotional stuff isn't of too much consequence.  We're all different.  Stay tuned to you, how you feel - because you are unique .  So messy minds - what could help relieve?  Hot bath?  Bike ride?  I'm checking into a digital recorder.  I work out problems when I bike ride - but then forget - so am thinking of journalizing this stuff somehow.   Congrats on your recent surgery.  You seems to need to weigh - for me there is an ebb and flow to that also.  Weeks where I way daily, and days when I forget..  The number had the power to really upset me, but that is lessening.  (for example,2lb water weight gain-  FREAK OUT!!!!
TrueNorthFriend
on 5/22/11 6:04 pm - Canada
that word half way up is "heal", not "heap".  LOL
AWyldfire
on 5/23/11 2:00 pm - OH
Thank you for your response =) I thought I was 110% prepared, boy was I wrong lol. Thanks for the encouragement, and congrats on ur weightloss =)  God Bless
bridget B.
on 5/22/11 8:40 pm
Several things can be going on.  The hormone release, the anesthesia...just the fact that your surgery is now over and you are facing your future lifestyle change!  What you are feeling is normal...but I know it can make you feel miserable.  It will get better.  Once you get on a more regular diet and have a routine...that brings some peace of mind.  I'll send a prayer your way!

Bridget Fortune Burns

AWyldfire
on 5/23/11 2:02 pm - OH
Thank you so much for the prayers ans support !! i keep telling myself that God would not bring me this far just to fail !! =)
Price S.
on 5/22/11 9:28 pm - Mills River, NC
The first few weeks, I was obsessed with how much fluid, protein, etc.  That is normal because we are doing something we have never done before and given it great importance with money, time and energy.  Hopefully, your Dr has given you a good plan.  If you follow it, you will lose, get in your fluid, protein etc.  There will be a time you don't lose everyday or even for a few days.  Your body will hold on and you may gain for a few days.  All of that is normal.  If you are following your plan, you can rest assured you are ok and you will go back to losing soon enough.  We are all different and your body will let you know it isn't like anyone elses.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Tonya0531
on 5/22/11 11:32 pm - Lake, MS
I'm going thru the same right now.  I mental status is probably unstable.  There is so much to this surgery and getting it right.  I'm a daily scale person as well.  Can't stay away from it at all.  I have learned that more than anything, this surgery causes more of mental strain than anything else.  I'm losing, I feel pretty good, but I'm still not sure what I'm doing.  Everyone here says that it will get better.  My best friend had it years ago and she says that I need to relax and give it time.  Every day will get better!
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
AWyldfire
on 5/23/11 2:06 pm - OH
Same here !!! My friend says the same to me. This is a total mind game thing !!! I just need to understand my journey and hold on to the ride =0
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 350 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 311 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 104 views
Recent Topics
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 104 views