HELP.......H. pylori DO YOU HAVE THIS?

trish419
on 5/23/11 4:05 am
My doctors office called and said I had H. Pylori a stomach bacteria and I will have to take meds to desolve it....H. pylori infection occurs when a bacterium called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infects your stomach or the first part of your small intestine

Has anyone else experienced this.. The doctors office said the meds are rough on the stomach (where the bacteria is found)

Crazy question? How do the meds reach the stomach if it is no longer connected with RNY?

shirleyfhoffman
on 5/23/11 4:17 am - CA
The doctors found my H. Pylori before my surgery. I had to take 3 antibiotics a day, 2 prilosec a day, and 8 pepto pills a day! I ended up not being able to take that many pepto pills, so I just bought the generic adult chewables. Now that I have had the surgery, I have to take 2 prilosec pills a day to prevent ulcers in my new pouch. I have no idea how they'd treat it if you have already had surgery though. Wish I could help more. 

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

trish419
on 5/23/11 4:44 am
Thanks for the information.. they found mine right after surgery but I have had to wait on the antibotics because they said they are rough on the stomach. Soooooo here I am... I just started thinking and wondering how it's going to work.

I guess I will have to call my doc. and ask.

Thanks so much.

purr
on 5/23/11 4:34 am
I had this about 6 yrs ago ,before surgery. It was the worst , I ended up in ICU and they gave me 2 pints of blood my ulcers were bleeding , The antibiotics were aweful and I didn't tolerate them well. They had to go in with a scope and do a biopsy to make sure all the bacteria was gone.
  I don't  know about after surgery.

Ithocles
on 5/23/11 10:57 am
I found out I had H Pylori before surgery which I'm hoping to have soon.  I've had no complications from it and the medicine has been pretty easy.  It's called a PrevPac and has Amoxicillin, Biaxin and Prevacid.  It hasn't been hard at all.  My doc said they really wanted to get it before surgery.

-Danny

LJ1972
on 5/23/11 11:46 am - FL
 I am currently taking meds for h.pylori pre-op.  They do cause kind of a burning in the stomach and my BMs ... have .... changed.  The pills I am taking (pylera and prilosec) have to be taken 4x a day,  an hour apart from any dairy or calcium and I can't lay down for at least  10 minutes after taking them.

I would be curious as well about meds reaching the "remnant" stomach.... hmmm
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 389 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 495 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 477 views