OT:Night Sweats

tcunningham
on 5/24/11 7:14 am - Bay Minette, AL

Has anyone had these?  Before I went to bed Sunday evening I had maybe a half cup if that of sugar-free ice cream(normally I don't eat ice cream,every blue moon and when I do I get a few spoons of regular), this was make in my ice cream maker. Well during the night I woke up sweating wet from head to toe and when I stood up I was weak so I went to my room and used the bathroom etc.  Anyway what was that?  Do you think it was the ice cream?  I ate some roasted chicken with lettuce and tomatoe about 20 minutes before I ate the ice cream and this has not happened before. Just wondering.  I haven't eaten anymore just in case that is what it was. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/24/11 7:30 am
Most likely you had reactive hypoglycemia episode. (google that).
Welcome to the RH post op RNY club.
The "Sugar free" ice cream  - was it really sugar free? did you make it ? how? used milk ? (milk has suagar and I can't drink it due to RH)...
HOw did you make the SF ice cream?  a mix? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

tcunningham
on 5/24/11 7:49 am - Bay Minette, AL
It was a sugar free mix and I did use 1% milk in it.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/24/11 8:11 am
The milk "does me" everytime. Check the SF mix - it may have a lot of carbs. Just because something is SF - it does not mean that it is safe for us. 
I get RH (reactive hypoglycemia) after most starches, milk, yogurt (except Greek plain yogurt), some Sugar alcohols, etc... 

Too many carbs - and the body can converts that to sugar very fast (specially when liquid - like in ice cream) and then out sugar will crash.  

Sorry you had to find that the hard way... But at least you know what it was. 
BTW: I react to oatmeal, rice (even brown) potatoes, most fruits (except berries and few others). 

It was delayed dumping... Or really bad reaction to milk - like lactose intolerance... you will find out soon enough.... we all do... sorry... (HUGS)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Anna M.
on 5/24/11 12:31 pm - Manchester, NH
I've been having night sweats for awhile now since I started losing weight as part of my hospital's program. My PCP said that it's normal because my body is trying to regulate my hormones with the changes in my weight.

* Starting weight: 383 * Day of Surgery: 363 * Ticker includes weight lost pre-op *
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 67 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 67 views