OT: will home insurance cover dented aluminum siding?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/25/11 9:38 am - OH
We had a HUGE storm roll through here a little while ago... BIGGER than golfball-sized hail and tornado sightings.  The hail beat the hell out of the trees, flowers, AND some of the 30-year old aluminum siding that is on the second story of my house (first story is brick).  Anyone know if my homeowner's insurance will cover replacing the siding because of dents?!?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

godsend213
on 5/25/11 9:48 am - Fort Carson, CO
Very OT but you should call them and ask. They all cover different things. Mine would cover it but not sure about yours.

I want to participate in life, not observe!  

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/25/11 10:11 am
Yes,  it should.

Winnie

Pupcake !.
on 5/25/11 10:45 am - Stranded in, IA
They should cover new siding if they can't get the dents out.  Don't agree to them patching, as it won't match.

Good luck

Pup
keepitoff91
on 5/25/11 10:45 am
I do believe so.  My BF is an insurance agent and hates hail storms!!!  The fact that it is 30 years old may give you a reduced pay out though. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/25/11 10:54 am - OH
That would make sense.  I'll definitely be among the hundreds of people trying to contact my agent tomorrow...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lptazbear66
on 5/25/11 10:56 am - Murfreesboro, TN
They should as I was amazed at what all they covered at our house after huge hail storms.  We got a new roof, new screens for the windows, new screened in deck.  I never even thought about them covering the screens and they do. 

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
RedAppleCandie
on 5/25/11 12:45 pm
I think that monster storm is rolling up to my doorstep right now....

If it were me, I would consider where on the house the dent is located (front, back, side)

If it was on the back, or side, I personally wouldn't worry too much about it.  Heck I am so cheap, I would probably let it go if it were on the front too!  

Unless it's a broken window, or broken head, I let Mother Nature do her thing, cause with my luck, I'd get the siding replaced, then have another hail storm roll through. 

Michelle E.
on 5/26/11 8:34 am
Yes, subject to your deductible.
Most Active
Recent Topics