Feeling like cheating on liquid diet

lovinme4ever
on 6/3/11 9:54 am
I so just want a piece of cheese. It is so hard to resist the temptation when I am making meals for my kids. This is only my 5th day on the liquid diet - man it feels like I have soooo long to go. So far I have not cheated - I know I would only be cheating myself!!!

UGH :o(
Lovinme4ever    
laura_vermont
on 6/3/11 10:00 am
I remember that feeling!  If you can, have someone else (hubby?) cook for the kids.... or do things that require really minimal food prep.  I tried my best to avoid food during my pre-op liquid diet....

High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Sugar Mama
on 6/3/11 10:04 am - amityville, NY
Some great folks who are kind enough to still be on this forum way after their surgery said some great things to me ( Mind you I am only on day)
But it might help me to stay focused if I  offer help anyway like so many reached out to me....
Some of their advice: 
1. You don't want to have to do another 2 weeks of this (beginning again) 
2. You don't want him to get you on the table and can't do the surgery.
3. A smaller liver is our goal....and its safer.

One person starting the liquid in a few days told me "Come on we can do it"

So....I say to you too, ...Come on .....we can do it! 
lovinme4ever
on 6/3/11 10:09 am
Thank you. This - is encouraging. I CAN do this.
Lovinme4ever    
lilfatgirlfrommissouri
on 6/3/11 10:18 am - MO
I haven't had RNY yet my surgeon said my date will most likely be in august and I to will have to do a 2 week liquid diet :(  But my best friend had this surgery in February and she cheated alot on her 2 week diet and her surgeon told her she would be able to tell if she cheated and would close her back up and not preform the surgery well this was in December 2010 she was just able to redo the surgery in Feb 2011 because the doctor put her at the end of the list after he close her up the first time :/ she was devastated  she had to wait so long to redo her surgery but the second time she didn't cheat at all.. something to think about. you've made it 5 days don't jeopardize it now you can do it :)

lovinme4ever
on 6/3/11 10:43 am
I am fighting the urge. I had my sugar free oatmeal and am making sugar/fat free chocolate pudding instead. I will tame this beast that is hunger.
Lovinme4ever    
poet_kelly
on 6/3/11 10:59 am - OH
Try and stay focused on your goal.  A piece of cheese would make you feel satisfied for a few minutes.  Completing the diet and having surgery will give you good feelings for a long, long time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

carly44
on 6/3/11 11:03 am - hazlet, NJ
you did the right thing by reaching out for encouragement and posting here. It shows your commitment. Don't eat the cheese......it's difficult to resist but the goal is in sight!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

lovinme4ever
on 6/3/11 11:05 am
Thank you all for your encouragement!! It really does make quite a difference.
Lovinme4ever    
JAB7955
on 6/3/11 11:00 pm - Houston, TX
 The first few days of the liquid diet are tough.  It's never easy, but it does get better.  Try mixing yogurt or skim milk with your shakes to add the extra protein and it helps to make you feel fuller.

You can do it!  Hang in there.  Chin up, it will be worth it.
Most Active
Recent Topics