I ate a BIG NoNo need advise

Teresa B.
on 6/4/11 1:36 am - Marion, IL
I had my surgery on 08/03/09 and everything is fine.  However this morning I fixed white gravy for breakfast and had whole wheat bread with it.  I know it was wrong but did it anyway.  My questions for all of you is I am not dumping but just feel jittery and feel like I can feel my heart race fast.   Anyone have any ideas on this?  

Thanks for you help,
Teresa B 
Teresa  I now have a new & healthy life!

HW 245/ PO 242.8 /SW 234.1/ GW 145 CW 132 (Total Loss -110.8 lbs)

unewillow
on 6/4/11 1:39 am - CT
Too many carbs, not enough protein...possible RH. If you can check your blood sugar. Otherwise I would try and drink as much as you can to flush out the carbs and/or eat some protein to help counteract the carb-coma.

poet_kelly
on 6/4/11 1:52 am - OH
Ummm.... don't do it again?

I think it's not uncommon to make a mistake now and then.  Just don't do it again.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Teresa B.
on 6/4/11 1:54 am - Marion, IL
 Thanks to you both for the advise.
Teresa  I now have a new & healthy life!

HW 245/ PO 242.8 /SW 234.1/ GW 145 CW 132 (Total Loss -110.8 lbs)

cajungirl
on 6/4/11 1:58 am
Teresa, you are far enough out to treat yourself occasionally to a different type of breakfast, don't beat yourself up.

How long ago did you eat it? The jitters can be treated with protein and complex carbs. Sounds like your sugar spiked and dropped.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

marymazilla
on 6/4/11 6:39 am - GARDEN CITY, MI
If the jitters don't subside try to eat some protein or have a protein drink. should help

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 454 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 349 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 212 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?