I hate eating!!!

disney..lover
on 6/7/11 2:16 am
I am 6 weeks post op,and I don't like eating, Is this normal? Eating makes me feel bad, when I eat I can only eat little amounts and what makes me feel good today makes me vomit the next day. I have lost 40 pounds since April 25th, I feel amazing, but eating is very hard. I don.t feel weak or tired, I have a lot of energy.
OceanBluzs
on 6/7/11 2:23 am - LA
I hear you! We had surgery on the same day. The few times I have vomited have been on leftovers. I never have a sensation of feeling hungery. In fact force myself to eat something every 3-4 hours, even if it just a piece of string cheese. I can eat fish, shrimp, chicken and ground turkey without issue... also make small rolls of turkey breast and cheese (of which I eat half).... I do supplement food intake with shakes.

And I love my new found energy and endurance....

Carolyn

facethemusic
on 6/7/11 2:34 am
I had surgery on the 18th of April and I still have to force myself to eat.  When I do eat I can only eat a few mouth fulls before I'm stuffed.  So I try to eat frequently throughout the day to get my protein in.  I also am still drinking protein shakes.  My pouch is really temperamental in the mornings and liquids are the way to go until it is up to eating.  Eating seems to almost be a chore for me.  I haven't had any issues with vomitting or anything.  Before surgery eating was fun and I ate what I wanted because it was good.  Now I'm adjusting to needing to eat to live instead of living to eat.  I think that is where a lot of my issues lie.  Congrats on losing 40 pounds!  I'm down a little over 35 pounds and I too feel wonderful. 
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

nfarris79
on 6/7/11 2:51 am - Germantown, MD
 Yeah, it's a big mental shift to go from "live to eat" to "eat to live". 40lbs is amazing and it's great to have energy - I pretty much hated food for weeks 5-7 but now have come to terms with it. I make sure I get in enough protein and if chewing is going to be worth my while, I'm gonna make sure it's high in protein. This may sound like weird advice, but enjoy this time of hating food. It's like a vacation from food obsessions....

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Tonya0531
on 6/7/11 3:01 am - Lake, MS
We had surgery the same day!  I don't eat because I like to anymore.  It's just because I need it to survive.  I have yet to eat something and feel like I did before surgery and actually enjoy it.  It just doesn't taste the same!  It took me 6 weeks to actually start feeling like myself again!
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
texashello
on 6/7/11 3:43 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hang in there everybody, it gets better!

Highest weight 227, 200 day of surgery,  120 goal, at 109 now and still dropping
Stretch goal reached 7 months post op!   www.FollowMeWell.com
RNY 10.19.2010        
5'2" tall
nduke39
on 6/7/11 4:40 am - FL
I had my surgery on the 21st and have lost 43lbs.  I am also not enjoying eating and having major issues with vomiting.  Very sinsitive pouch, doesn't like meat except for fish and no leftovers.  I have discovered that I go to the grocery store every few days with new ideas for soft foods, but nothing really hits the spot.  I spoke to the dr about all of this and he said sometimes it just takes a while to figure it out, don't worry about it as long as your keeping your fluid and protein shakes in.  I feel great also and hope to continue that.  Good Luck!!!

Faith M.
on 6/7/11 5:49 am - madison, AL
I had my RNY in Dec 2009.  I still drink protien shakes because that is what works best for me.  I still never know from one meal to the next what will feel good to my pouch.  Eating is no longer a sport I like to play ;-)  I'm just thankful that I've lost 130 lbs and I have a new life - I have to remind myself about this on a regular basis.  Everytime I forget who I am and where I've been and I take a "normal" bite of food I get reminded real fast.  I have to slow down, chew a lot and take small bites.  For about a year I lived on Greek yogurt with pineapple and sweetner.  But now the sweetner (splenda or any sugar alcohols) give me gas.  So now I'm off dairy.  It is an ever changing experience but one I'm glad to have.  It sure beats where I was 2 years ago - nearly 300 lbs.
Good luck!!
disney..lover
on 6/7/11 9:44 am
Thanks everybody....Is good to know I am not alone!!!
And is true, now I eat to live, I don't live to eat........

Thanks again!!!!
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 510 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 492 views