Hormonal wreck... and a bit discouraged.

katielove
on 6/7/11 5:53 am - Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
knew this was going to happen.  Everyone warned me, and I was prepared for it, or so I thought.

The hormonal swings ... are INSANE. ALL I want to do is cry. AND on top of that... I don't feel like I'm losing anything.  I know ... I'm only 3 weeks post op... I know.  and I know I need to be patient... I also don't own a scale... so its a double edged sword.  Because... not having one keeps me from obsessing about every ounce up or down the scale says... but on the other hand.. I have no idea about my progress unless I go to my surgeons office, because he allows us patients to come in once a week for weigh ins on our own, just to use the scale.

For my first post op visit, I was down 14 lbs.  I see him again on thursday, so I'm hoping I'm down another 10lbs.

Sorry for the whining.  I also still can't hit the gym and thats giving me a complex.  for the past 6 months, i've lived at the gym in preparation for the surgery. i miss it.

end whining
<3 Katie  facebook.com/katielynn8806   http://notjustaface.blogspot.com/  My blog!
~~ Life is too important to be taken seriously~~ Oscar Wilde

Includes the 50lb loss pre-op       

Crazy* ~Beautiful
on 6/7/11 5:58 am - East Haven, VT
Katie...it will/does get better, I promise. Trust the process! A vet once told me "look forward to the future, dont dwell on the unknown". There is so much you have to look forward to, with each passing day, you are getting a 2nd chance at this new life, embrace every moment. So many good things await you. This is a lifestyle change, not a race. Good luck...message me if you have any questions.

((hugs))
~Teresa
RNY-7/22/2010-Highest weight 315 / Surgery weight 280 / Current weight 186
1st Goal weight 199~"one"derland-REACHED! 2nd Goal weight 180~-TO BE CONTINUED!
  1st 5K: 29.48-5/19/2011  2nd 5K: 26.47-7/16/2011
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
nomoresugar
on 6/7/11 5:58 am
Just hang in there, it will get better.  However, if you feel down a lot, talk to your doctor about an antidepressant.  It can make a world of difference.
katielove
on 6/7/11 6:19 am - Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
thanks ladies. 

i think its just a lot of everything all at once.  My birthday is tomorrow, and I'm coming up on 5 years out of high school.. and I guess in the midst of all the surgery change... I'm having an almost quarter life crisis. lol.  like.. I'm not anywhere I thought I'd be 5 years after high school... and then with the hormones and everything.  I'm sure once my levels balance out, I'll be okay. 

i just thought i'd feel different... after the surgery.  the only difference I have is never feeling hungry. lol
<3 Katie  facebook.com/katielynn8806   http://notjustaface.blogspot.com/  My blog!
~~ Life is too important to be taken seriously~~ Oscar Wilde

Includes the 50lb loss pre-op       

boneswag
on 6/7/11 11:13 am
After my surgery my friend were telling me I was different.  I thought they were crazy, however I didn't feel right so I talked to the Dr. and she said "aren't you on antideppressants."  I told her no and she said " not sure how you got missed.  I prescribe it to all my patients for after surgery.
  It made a big difference for me.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 14 views