My head is spinning...too many protein powder options

katiedid_911
on 6/8/11 2:25 am
I'm in a rut.  And while it's familiar and I like structure, I think I need a change LOL  Does that make sense?  I've been wanting some fruitiness in my protein drinks, but there are too many options out there, and I'm starting to get overwhelmed by the choices.  I want one that will blend well with both milk and water and has a pretty decent protein count.  I've been a strictly Click and Vanilla kinda girl (adding SF syrups along the way) but with it being summer, I want something a little lighter.  

So, that being said, can you guys please help me?  LOL  I wish I could figure out a way to have a Crystal Light taste and consistency (I can't do anything thicker than milk anymore).  Thank you so much.  Just when I thought I had a handle on this LOL  
Come visit my blog, Is This For Real?!?  katiedid911.blogspot.com/

Joanne M.
on 6/8/11 2:38 am - VA
RNY on 03/16/11 with
I just had a Nector Roadside lemonade this morning.  It was fruity and light and hit the spot.  I think it would also been good to add fruit in it.  It has 24 grams of protein per serving.

katiedid_911
on 6/8/11 2:40 am
Joanne, what do you mix yours with?  And is it thick?  I used to love shakes and milkshakes and now I can't handle them :(

Amy T.
on 6/8/11 2:44 am - CA
I love the Nectars from syntrax.  Right now I am drinking Caribbean Cooler - its like Pina Colada.  I also love Roadside lemondade.  They are made with water and taste like crystal light to me.  They are loaded with 24 grams of protein - and light for the summer.  They have tons of flavors.  You can order samples of each flavor from vitalady.com for 1.99 each.

I am a fruity drink kind of gal too.... and I love these.
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

facethemusic
on 6/8/11 2:48 am
I love the Nectar Roadside Lemonade and the Cherry.  DH makes strawberry lemonade with the Roadside Lemonade.  I prefer Limeades and I found this Lemon-Lime Hawaiian Punch (kind of like CL still sugar free)  So I mix with Cherry with that and blend it.  So yummy!  My sister likes the Strawberry Kiwi and mixes hers with fresh strawberries and kiwis.  I'm not up to seeded fruits yet so I'm not help as far as the taste goes. 

I've been on the hunt for a melon flavored protein, but so far no luck.  I'm a melon junkie and if I could get protein while devouring melon flavored anything I'd be thrilled.

If you want something RTD the Designer Whey Protein Blitz Grape is really good.  It tastes a lot like Grape Gatorade and has 30g of protein.
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

katiedid_911
on 6/8/11 2:48 am
Thank you Amy for the website.  I think I'm going to have to try these out.  And samples rock since things always sound good, but they don't always turn out that way LOL 

Bettisima
on 6/8/11 2:50 am
I also use Nectar, the roadside lemonade and fuzzy navel flavors are my favorite. I mix the fruity ones with water. Nectar also has a sweets line, that is better with milk IMO.

While Nectar products can be expensive in comparison to some others, I figure I am not drinking soda every day any more, I can spend that on a protein drink I really like.

Vitalady has Nectar samples, so you can try some flavors before getting the 2 lb tub.

I have heard others say they like the Isopure from GNC, and compare it to crystal light, but I cannot tolerate it. One of those your milage may vary kind of deals.
katiedid_911
on 6/8/11 2:54 am
I've been craving watermelon like crazy!!!!  I want a watermelon flavored protein drink...NOW LOL  I'm with you, if I could get protein out of melon's I would be a happy camper!

facethemusic
on 6/8/11 3:39 am
Eggface has a Mango ice cream recipe on her page that I'm going to try with Watermelon.  http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/07/mmmma ngo.html

I'm going to sub watermelon for the mango and watermelon syrup for the mango syrup.  I just need to get my ice cream maker back from my sister.

Our garden this year is full of melons.  I've got to use them up somehow.  I eat some kind of melon at least once a day.  

In my hunting for a melon protein I found that there was a brand available last year, but they aren't making it anymore.  Someone really needs to work on that.  I know so many people who would buy a great melon flavored protein.
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/8/11 3:16 am
I am using all natural protein powders - no splenda or artificial sweeteners.
My fav line is "about time whey". Whey isolate, no carbs, or fats, just whey.
You can order samples from their website. 
My fav is the banana (new) and then the strawberry, I also like the peach - but not as much -it does not taste much like a peach. - very mild flavor,
Their chocolate and the Peanut butter are also my fav - I need to make sure I have them home and at work.  To me - They really taste good with jus****er.  They are not so sweet so I either use less water - or add some extra sweeteners.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 312 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 229 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics