Starting to think I'm not a "fat chick" anymore...

elaynew
on 6/9/11 10:19 pm - Mohegan Lake, NY
Hey everyone -

I am 6 months post op (yesterday actually) and I have started to realize that my mindset is changing.  

We don't have stairs in our apartment but we went away to the inlaws and I didn't dread running up and down the stairs, in fact I offered to do it for my asthmatic husband so he didn't have to!  I don't shy away from sitting in booths, I don't automatically go into the handicapped bathroom for the extra space, I don't mind walking up the stairs at work (it's only 1 floor so not a big deal), and I love running around with my 17 month old son.

I do have to get better about the exercise.  I am definitely not putting in the 4 hours a week.  So far this week I've only done 30 minutes.  I do plan on doing more today but it is hard working a full time job with crazy hours (12:30-8:30 some days) and balancing home responsibilites and family too.  I know that I need to do it.  I am going to get off my tush just as soon as I finish my coffee and head down to the gym (we have one in my complex - basic, 2 treadmills, a few weights and a bike).  

The problem I have is that I overdo it one day and am sore for a few days and I don't get it in.  So yesterday I did 30 minutes and today I will do 30 more.  I have to take it one day at a time!

Laura in Texas
on 6/9/11 10:35 pm
Good for you!!  The mind games were the hardest for me. Yes, if you want the best chance at getting to goal and staying there, you must make time for exercise.  Take care of YOU and then you will better be able to care for everyone else!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

kimba11869
on 6/10/11 10:51 pm
Im so happy for ya,, I too need to get more exercise in,, I am loving the feeling to of not being the fat chick,, Mind still plays tricks on me though,, Keep up the work,, you are doing a amazing job

Hw 285 Sw 271 Cw 149 Gw 160
Scheduled for Tummy Tuck Dec 3, 2011

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 491 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 553 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 541 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 254 views
Recent Topics