No Scale Challenge day 1, who is joining me?

catje1977
on 6/11/11 3:07 pm - Raamsdonksveer, Netherlands

Hi Guys

So I kicked the scale to the curb, in my case at least till july 1st. I heard some of you would like to joine me in this challenge? So let me know what your plan is, how long you want to kick your scale aside and why. And let's talk to each other every day about how we are doing and what our NSV's are. Let's focus on other things than the numbers for a while

My first morning: I bypassed the scale today and feel awkward but also excited about it! It gives me kind of a peaceful feeling for now.

My plan for today is to go out and have fun with familye; we have a family reunion todfay and lots of folks have not seen me for the last 55 kilograms, so this should get interesting ;-)

we are going to a big playground and the kids will have fun playing and we will sit in the sun (20 degrees today!) and chat and be merry. I will be wearing my Desigual dress, a spanish brand I have been DYING to ever get into and now I am WEARING it! So happy about that!

There will be a mexican buffet tonight and I'll focus on protein. For lunch I am taking my bentobox filled with protein and will take my shaker and drink lots of fluids today

so it should eb a GOOD day all around! My focus for today: family!

how about yours? Pick a positive focus for today other than numbers on a scale. And name what is positieve about your day :-)

seattledeb
on 6/11/11 7:18 pm
I applaud your no scale world. I'm a little bit on the other side. I need to get on the scale at least once a week to help with maintenance . I have a weight range that I stay in. So I kinda have the opposite problem..I have to get on the scale!
I do think learning to handle the land mine that is your scale is an important part of this process. You are so much more than a number.
Deb T.

Laura in Texas
on 6/11/11 11:01 pm
Not I, said the fly. I weigh everyday. I'm in maintenence so I fear everyday that I will wake up and will have regained my 200 pounds. Weighing everyday keeps me on track. It's easieer to lose a few pounds here and there than to lose 40-50 pounds all over again. I'm determined not to let my weight get back out of hand.

But for you that have recently had surgery, I do agree that if you are obsessed with the scale instead of just following your plan, you can make yourself go crazy. Good for you for realizing that!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

cajungirl
on 6/11/11 11:25 pm
Good for you for staying off the scale and focusing on the NSV. I'd join you but I'm trying to gain some weight and looking at the scale to hopefully see progress upward.

I'm trying to gather my thoughts on a post of my concerns.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

TXKashmir
on 6/12/11 1:04 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I applaud you for having such a healthy attitude! I didn't even own a scale until I hit goal. So I never knew if I had "stalls" or "plateaus" - all I knew was that my body seemed to keep shrinking, and my clothes kept getting too big. I didn't even know I was in onederland until I weighed 188 - you could have knocked me over with a feather! I thought the scale I was on was faulty - lol! Keep up the great work - you really are worth more than a stupid number on a scale!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

moondancer2000
on 6/12/11 1:45 am - Ft Rucker, AL
I go through jags where I will weight everyday and then I don't remember to for several days.  For the most part I am still a scale junkie!  

I'll try but no promises. 

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

allvalerie
on 6/12/11 4:38 am - Seward, AK
I try hard to only weigh in once a week- If I weigh in mid-week it seems I 'gain' weight and bums me out.

OT- I'll be in the Netherlands in February nest year :-) Can't wait to go!

Valerie
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?