Where to find "NEW" Recipes?

VictoriaA
on 6/10/11 8:38 am

Hi everyone!

I wanted to know what other resources you use for recipes other than The world accourding to Eggface and Bariatric  Foodie blogs.

Is Hungry girl recipes an option?  Any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks and Have a great day
Victoria
Ashley K.
on 6/10/11 8:50 am
You can buy quite a few bariatric cookbooks on Amazon.com for right around $10 each, with every one having tons of recipes!   I have bought: "Everything Post Weightloss Surgery Cookbook", "Eating Well After Weightloss Surgery", "Recipes for Life After Weightloss Surgery", and "The High Protein Cookbook".  I have also pulled recipes off of bariatriceating.com, chefdave.org, wholefoodsmarket.com, allrecipes.com, and weigh****chers.com.  The last three of that list aren't bariatric sites and you do have to know what you can and cannot eat in order to use them. 

VictoriaA
on 6/10/11 1:05 pm
Thanks so much for all the great info!

Victoria
bowlwidow
on 6/10/11 8:53 am - IN

Hi Victoria,  

Nikki, a awesome lady on OH, has a website full of receipes.  bariatricfoodie.com

So does Pam.  www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Great reciepes from fellow WLS gals.

goodluck,

Christy

HW/SW/CW/GW
324/287125/130      

VictoriaA
on 6/10/11 1:04 pm
Luv Nikki and Pam!
Laura A.
on 6/10/11 8:56 am - Manteca, CA
Hungry Girl is an option....because she's giving 'healthier options' on foods....but remember she goes for 'volume eating' and that doesn't really work for bypassed people...

Try most any low carb recipe websites...just google it and you'll get bunches.  There's also a low carb community here on OH you might like to check out.  I know there were several that were posting recipes on there...

When you look at low carb recipes you may have to choose the ones lower in fat if you are a 'dumper'..... 

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

VictoriaA
on 6/10/11 1:03 pm
Thanks so much for all the advice!

Victoria
Elizabeth Z.
on 6/10/11 10:43 am - Corning, NY
Rather than spend money on recipe books, check your local library. I get tons of bariatric friendly cook books there! I can skim through, find ones that I want, copy them down and go on to the next without spending a fortune on each book which usually has like 4 or 5 recipes worth eating. Just my thoughts though.

http://bariatrickitchen.wordpress.com/

Elizabeth Z.
on 6/10/11 10:43 am - Corning, NY
Also, there are tons of websites to find good recipes. Allrecipes.com is one of my favorites. Sometimes, I need to doctor it a little but, hey I don't mind that at all!

http://bariatrickitchen.wordpress.com/

VictoriaA
on 6/10/11 1:02 pm
Thanks for the ideas!

Victoria
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views