RNY Failure

cindy31
on 6/12/11 8:12 am - Gwynn Oak, MD
 I am 41/2 months post op, I was 325 pounds, i lost 24 pounds pre op and was 301 the day of surgery , I have never had a consistant loss and go months without losing, than after Iose I gain 5-10 pounds this sucks, I went down to 242 and today 251 9 pounds gained , I guess it was not rel loss, soon as the doctor took me of the fluid pill I gained 9 freakin pounds, I am so frustrated  I feel like my loss is extra slow only 50 pounds in 4 1/2 months.
            Highest weight- 325  Day of surgery- 301  Post surgery -306            
Lisa R.
on 6/12/11 8:20 am - CA
 Don't be so hard on yourself!  50lbs in 4 months is awesome!  That is 10lbs a month.  Some people lose it really fast, some lose it slowly.  It is frustrating to lose slow because we eat WAY less they we did pre op, we do all the right things and make the right choices and you would think it would just be falling off in heaps but it doesn't.

That 9lb gain was fluid!  There is no way you can gain 9lbs in a week on a RYN diet plan!  So it came on in a week, it will come off in a week.  

Congrats on 50 lbs in 4 months, I think that is AWESOME

_Donna_
on 6/12/11 8:22 am
Maybe you should reevaluate what you are eating.

RNY 5-5-2011

Samantha.M
on 6/12/11 9:04 am - Germany
 I haven't had my surgery yet so what I say may not mean much but from what I have read on here everyone has stalls. You may lose 15 pounds one month then maybe 3 pounds the next month. And everyone loses at their own pace. From what I have read on here many times from others is not to compare yourself to others because it will never be the same. 

Looking at your ticker you have lost quite a bit from your date and that looks great to me.  Just keep doing what your doing and I'm sure that all the weight will be off before you know it! 
Proud army wife and mom of 2 ♥       
pamkb
on 6/12/11 10:27 am - Crestview, FL
Breathe Cindy, it will be ok.

I know how frustrating it is to see others post big numbers and we aren't seeing them.  We know we shouldn't compare ourselves to others but it is human nature and who doesn't want to see impressive early results?  But we are all different and process calories different.

You are at the stage where it is easy (& natural) to start experimenting with foods and finding out what works and doesn't.  For this next week, keep an honest food log, make sure you are getting your protein and fluids (it is easy to start letting some things slide and you not realize it) and stay off the scale.  At the end of the week, review your food log.  Did you get enough calories, did you eat maybe too many for your activity level?  Did you hit your protein and fluid goals each day?  If all looks good and you continue to have gained, then contact your surgeon or nutritionist for assistance.  If you lose, wonderful.  If you stay the same, that's better than a gain and do the same thing for the following week.  Go back to the basics, log your food and you will see that scale start to move.

You'll be ok!

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

Celia S.
on 6/12/11 10:30 am - Grand Junction, CO
You are not a failure... you RNY is not failing either!

You've lost 50 lbs in 4 1/2 months and that is AMAZING!!! Think of it this way. If you keep losing at this rate, you'll be down 100 lbs in just 9 months after surgery : )

Keep up the hard work and try to stay positive. You are doing GREAT!
Most Active
Recent Topics