Protein drink

Jodi H.
on 6/14/11 1:15 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
OMG...I just tried the Isopure Orange Peach Smoothie.  I only made it 1/2 of the way through the bottle before I just couldn't do it anymore.  I know we've all heard that alot of times our tastes change after surgery but I don't think I could have liked these no matter when I would have tried them!    I'll be taking the other 9 bottles back to GNC tomorrow that's for sure! bleeeech!

Jodi ** HW: 240 / CW: 221 / GW: 135
c5felsspirit
on 6/14/11 2:10 pm - lake cormorant, MS
OMG I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT ONE!!!!!

Alot of people cant stand it becauses of the yogart. BUT I LOVE EM!!!!
iangelbaby88
on 6/14/11 4:42 pm - Bayonne, NJ
I'm starting to get grossed out by protein shakes in general! I want something that is more of a juice instead of a shake.  I have made these damn things taste as good as they can. Kinda helped that I'm a baker and good with extracts/flavorings but its still driving me nuts. Can anyone suggest some brands?

Thanks in advance,
Eileen...
Heidi L.
on 6/14/11 6:54 pm - San Jose, CA
RNY on 09/21/10 with
biprousa.com has a flavorless whey protein. It really is the best "flavorless" I have tried. I even mixed it into sugar-free jello and my kids loved it!

You can add it to your coffee, pudding or jello, or whatever to get those extra grams.

Pre-op  260.8#...Surgery 242#...Current 190#...Lowest 166#...Goal 155.8#

iangelbaby88
on 6/15/11 3:38 am - Bayonne, NJ
Definately going to look into it! I thought you couldnt put protein powder into hot liquids?

Start with what is necessary than what is possible, suddenly you're doing the impossible!
HW:348 SW:301 CW:272 MY Goal: 199

Siberia
on 6/14/11 11:10 pm
What brands are you using now?
iangelbaby88
on 6/15/11 3:39 am - Bayonne, NJ
I use Designer Whey and the GNC 100% Whey. I have tried just about every flavor of both.

Start with what is necessary than what is possible, suddenly you're doing the impossible!
HW:348 SW:301 CW:272 MY Goal: 199

Siberia
on 6/15/11 4:12 am
This is a recipe that for a refreshing summertime drink:

Nuvista Strawberry Lemonade

1 packet Nuvista strawberry (whey protein powder with fiber)
2 1/2 fl oz-7 fl oz cold water
1/4 tsp. Sugar-free Lemonade drink mix (Crystal Light)

Place the protein powder and SF lemonade drink mix into a shaker.  Add a small amount of the cold water shaking well to make a slurry.  Add remaining cold water and shake well.

or

Place mixed beverage in the freezer for several hours to make a frozen pop or thaw for 30 minutes to make a spoonable treat.
aclay
on 6/15/11 12:21 am - MA
Isopure at GNC has ready to drink ones in the fridge section.  They are juice and have grape , fruit punch, mange, pinapple....

losing-jennifer
on 6/15/11 12:51 am
Yes the Isopure is GROSS! I brought the rest of my case back to Vitamin Shoppe. Just tried Nectar (can't remember the flavor they called it) and it tastes like fruit punch. Not keen on the blue color of it but 23g protein in a scoop. They even have iced tea flavor. Its not thick either.
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 295 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 288 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views