TT tomorrow and VERY nervous

Chrissy V.
on 6/15/11 4:06 am
Hi everyone, I have my TT tomorrow at 6am.  I'm very excited but I am also EXTREMELY anxious and nervous!  I was wondering if any of you can share your experiences with me to help ease my mind?  I want to know what to look forward to as far as pain goes...I think its the fear of the unknown that is bothering me most.  Thanks so much Chrissy
H258/S233/C155/G152
lovinme4ever
on 6/15/11 4:27 am
Good luck to you.
Lovinme4ever    
Chrissy V.
on 6/15/11 8:03 am
Thank you
H258/S233/C155/G152
adamsamah
on 6/15/11 5:21 am - Nixa, MO
Didn't have unbearable pain. Did take pain meds for a couple of days and after that just Tylenol. It is the best money I ever spent and my only advice is to use paper tape over the scars for six weeks. That's what my doctor advised and I have the best looking scars of anyone I've seen. I just used Johnson & Johnson paper tape and kept it sort of tight on the scars and it worked. Didn't allow pressure to pull the scar line and all I know is it worked for me without any of those expensive scar treatments.
Hugs and you'll be soooooo glad you're doing this.
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

Chrissy V.
on 6/15/11 8:05 am
Thank you very much for sharing your story with me....I will definitely get the paper tape!  Cant hurt right?  I am even more scared now since reading the people underneath you :(
H258/S233/C155/G152
virvin
on 6/15/11 5:49 am - CO
Congrats and prayers will be going out to!!

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

siberiancat
on 6/15/11 5:56 am, edited 6/15/11 5:56 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I'm just 3 weeks post fleur de lis tummy tuck and brachioplasty.  It was much "tougher" than I expected.  I had pain in tummy for  week.  Depends on the type you are having, I have a 9 in*****ision from between breasts to pubic area and a 21 in*****ision from front of left buttock to fron of right buttock.  The vertical incision definately is the worst.  The surgeon pulled everything so tight.

I have skin necrosis (dead skin) where the vertical and horizontal incisions intersect.  He had to cut it out and now I have a "hole" that I need to clean and pack twice a day - as it needs to heal from the inside out and will take a couple months.

Having arms and tummy done at same time was difficult.  Couldn't use arms to help me get out of bed, on/off toilet, in/out of a chair,etc.

You can PM me if you want specific info.  Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Chrissy V.
on 6/15/11 8:07 am
Hi Penny, I too am having the vertical.  Did you get sent home with the pain pump?  My surgeon said that will help with vertical tremendously
H258/S233/C155/G152
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/15/11 6:34 am - OH
You probably DON'T want to hear this, but my TT was the most painful surgery I have ever had (and that includes open RNY, an open hernia repair, and a panniculectomy).  I took pain meds all day every day for more than 2 weeks and walked hunched over for about 4 weeks because it hurt so much.  Mine also turned necrotic, so my experience was atypical all-around, perhaps.

Good luck!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Chrissy V.
on 6/15/11 8:07 am
Hi Lora, did you get sent home with the pain pump with the local in it for your incision?
H258/S233/C155/G152
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 210 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?