HHEELLPP!! I'm so frustrated!!!

cindigirl72
on 6/16/11 3:06 am
I had my surgery last September, everything was going so awesome....down 100 lbs, wearing a size 8 jeans and so much energy....then BAM!!!  a headache that wouldn't go away for 3 weeks, followed by random episodes of passing out...five times so far...this has been going on now for 6-7 weeks, have been to neurologist, family Dr. two ER's, have had an MRI/MRA and a CT Scan, and no one has any idea what is causing it.  Does anyone have any ideas that could help me???

Ladytazz
on 6/16/11 3:08 am
 Have you checked your blood sugar levels?  Could be reactive hypoglycemia.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 3:11 am - Boston, MA
 Have you had all your vitamin levels checked?
siberiancat
on 6/16/11 3:12 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I was also going to suggest checking your blood sugar.

Have you had full set of labs by bariatric surgeon?  Any deficiencies? (Real deficiencies for a RNY patient - not the "normals" on the lab print out.)
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

cindigirl72
on 6/16/11 4:34 am

I have checked blood sugar, and I had full labs done at 3 months out....B1 and D were a little low, but no biggie....I added a B Complex and upped my Calcium + D per my nut's recommendation.  I have been checked for anemia, etc.  I do think I need to do a full set of labs, but will have to talk to my surgeon to get those ordered.  Blood pressure meds have been reduced and reduced and reduced again, and my BP seems to be holding OK.  Beyond that, not a clue....I am seeing a cardiologist on Monday...maybe he'll come up with something.

cate81
on 6/16/11 5:46 am
 I don't know if this is what's happening to you or not, but when I told my doc I get dizzy sometimes she said it was normal because we are smaller and our hearts beat slower and more efficently so if you move to fast from one position to another it can cause blood to rush and causing dizziness/passing out. I don't know if that helps but good luck 

Most Active
Recent Topics