Felling sick after I eat.

Tessmama_of4
on 6/18/11 10:04 am
I am 7 weeks out from surgery and I am starting to feel sick after I eat sometimes. Also when I take cymbalta it makes me literally sick every since surgery!! The doctor even lowered the dose of the cymbalta. I am not sure what to do, I don't like these neausea feelings. Does anyone else have this happen.
chrissyemerald
on 6/18/11 10:50 am - Canada
 Its possible that you are having items that are a bit high in fat/sugar to make u feel sick, also definately get your dr to lower your dose of the cymbalta. explain to him about  absorption rates amungst RNY patients, most medications are affected by it! 
Jenny_D
on 6/18/11 11:16 am - Canton, GA

Maybe you are eating a bit too fast? I get a little nauseous if I forget to eat slooooowly.
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

lorilea
on 6/18/11 12:16 pm - MN
Nausea is also something that some people get and some don't.  I was nauseous from week 2 -5 and then when I went back to work I was nauseous for a several more weeks.  It can be many different things:  eating to fast; not chewing enough; nervous stomach, and simply part of the healing process. 

My sister had the same surgery a year before me and she was very nauseous also and asked for anti nausea medication (zofran), so I knew to ask for it before I left the hospital.  As nauseated as I was, I only used it four times because I couldn't take it at work, it makes you really sleepy. 

Once I got nauseous it just got worse and worse until I broke down and took a zofran and then I would be fine for a few days.  And then one day it went away.

Good luck

beautifulone71
on 6/19/11 2:31 am - Buckeye, AZ
I too am about 7 weeks out from surgery and I too feel sick after I eat, well most times. I have noticed if I eat to fast my stomach knots up and I end up throwing up, but even if I eat slowly my stomach still hurts. I started keeping a journal of everything I eat and what it does to my stomach, i.e. I had an egg and a slice of toast for breakfast yesterday and my stomach didn't hurt, ya! Then for lunch I tried some cottage cheese, but after a couple bites it didn't taste good to me so I had some cheese and crackers, and about half an hour later my stomach started hurting really bad, and it hurt after dinner too. I am keeping track so I can show my doctor. I'm going to try potato soup today, hopefully it will be OK, I get to the point where I don't even want to eat. If you learn anything please let me know and I will keep you updated with my progress. Thanks and good luck!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 378 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 351 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 312 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 104 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 4 views
Recent Topics